Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mother’s Day Done!

*My two mother’s – Do not look at this post.* 

 

 

 

     These little babies are packaged and in the mail.   

 Gifts

  What a great feeling!  A project done AND it will be on time! 

         I made homemade cards inspired from Made.  I sewed  fabric scraps onto cardstalk.  Here are a few of the designs I came up with. 

Cards

This was nice for me because I wasn’t following a pattern or stressing out worrying that  I wasn’t doing it just right.  Anything goes with these cards!  I loved them so much that I HAD to make some for me too!

I made coasters inspired from Ruffles and Stuff.  Mine turned out a little different than hers.

Coasters

I loved the look of the lace, but IT did not love me!  I was ready to seriously pull my hair out and give up.  I really wanted to make these coasters and I already had the muslin part done, so I just grabbed some fabric scraps that were covering my table from the cards and made little squares and sewed those on.  I really like how they turned out.  It was a good mistake for me.  I think they look more like my mom anyway.  I loved these so much that I HAD to make some for me too! 

Happy Mother’s Day to me!!

Besides trying to wrap the lace, this was an easy sewing project for me.  A good one to start with.  I feel a little more confident with that dang machine!  Honestly, it’s the bobbin that freaks me out.  I panic thinking of being in the middle of a project and having something go wrong and I can’t fix it.  So I sew when my husband is home and he’s the fixer! 

Happy Mother’s Day Ladies!!

6 comments:

Beth Curtis said...

those turned out SO cute!! Good job you little sewer!

Lindsey Jensen said...

I love them. They turned out great!! I like the coasters you made better then the others anyways!! Good job, they will love them!!

Letti said...

Those are perfect. You are on the ball too. I am thankful my mom lives close cause I am horrible at mailing things.

Andrea said...

I love them. The coasters are adorable.

kanishk said...

Good job, they will love them!!
indian classified site

KW said...

Very very cute ideas!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails