Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas Wrap Up {2011}

Happy New Year!!  We have company in town and are having quite the party at our house.  I have been working on sorting through all of my Christmas photos a little here and there.  We had such a fun Christmas with so many fun pictures!  I decided to throw them all into one post again.  So be prepared for a very looooooong post full of Christmas photos. 

I’ll start with our traditions.  We have so many Christmas traditions.   Christmas Eve is the day we wrap them all up.  These mean everything to my kids.  We make sugar cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve.  I don’t think Ady was a part of this last year because I don’t have one single picture of her.  We probably planned it around her nap time.  This year she was the star.  One of her favorite things to do is play playdo, so she knew exactly what to do (or so she thought). 

Photobucket

She loved all of the flour and of course the cookie dough.

Photobucket

She stayed put even after the other kids were long gone. 

Photobucket

We open our Christmas jammies when it’s time to get ready for bed. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Each of the kids have their own manger scene.  A couple of days before Christmas we bring out all of the pieces and read a part of the story each night.

Photobucket

Photobucket

When we have finished reading each night, they take a piece of the manger to their room and display it.   On Christmas Eve we finish the story with baby Jesus.

Photobucket

Then it’s time to put the cookies and milk out for Santa.  We can’t ever forget about the carrots for Santa’s reindeer.  

Photobucket

It was fun this year to see and listen to Ady.  She caught on to the magic of Christmas.   She would go around the house singing “Santa Clause is coming to town.”  So cute!

We have a rule in our house.  The kids are not allowed to come downstairs until we say it is ok.  No peeking allowed!  I’m surprised they sat still for me to snap this photo.  They were so excited!

Photobucket

It is always fun to see them tear into their packages.

Photobucket

The look of excitement on their face makes all of the hard work and effort worth it. 

Photobucket

The boys said  their favorite Christmas gifts were their Texans memorabilia and under armor shirts along with their rip sticks Santa brought.

Photobucket

Kaylee’s favorite gift by far was her ipod touch from Santa.  We hardly saw her eyes for a couple of days.  She is much better now. :)

Photobucket

Ady has lived in her princess dress ups every day since Christmas.  Little girls this age are so much fun!

Photobucket

The money tree from Grandma was a fun, unexpected gift to open. 

Photobucket

This year Casey and I decided not to exchange gifts from each other.  We have some bigger things in mind we want to save up for.   We had a great big pile of homemade gifts from our kids that we looked forward to opening.  I forgot to snap a picture.  I salvaged this wrapping after the fact.  I love seeing their handwriting.

Photobucket

More than anything, it is fun to spend time together and celebrate this time of year.  It is such a crazy busy month but somehow it brings everyone closer together.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Another tradition we have is a yummy Christmas breakfast.  Everyone anticipates it. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

There is something cozy and comforting about being in a pretty room with the table set nicely and our family gathered together in our jammies for a yummy meal.   These are really fun memories that my kids talk about every Christmas.  Traditions mean so much. 

Photobucket

On the menu was a breakfast casserole, cinnamon rolls, strawberries and homemade hot chocolate

Photobucket

It was enjoyed by all!

Photobucket

My husband did give me one very amazing gift that day.  He finished the preparations with dinner, set the table, served it and cleaned up so I could enjoy reading blogs that I hadn’t read in a month.  He’s pretty awesome!

Photobucket

I hope you all enjoyed celebrating the New Year this weekend.  I will be back soon to share about ours!

7 comments:

Tam said...

I absolutely LOVE Adys facial expression in the pic where all the kiddos are on the stairs waiting to go down stairs ... Priceless. Such cute kids and such awesome parents. They r lucky!

Andrea said...

What a fun holiday. I love seeing and reading about all your traditions. I am your best friend and sometimes I don't even know everything you do. I love them all. You are one awesome mommy and daddy.

Beth Curtis said...

I am dying over all the pictures. You did a great job of capturing everything. I applaud you at some of those moments and expressions that you captured. Merry Christmas!

Colleen said...

these were great! I love your family traditions especially the breakfast together. Ady was so cute with the cookie baking.

Lindsey Jensen said...

I loved that!! I felt like we were there with you guys!! I miss you tons and really want to come visit you guys!! Love you tons! Merry Christmas!!

Prudently Painted Vintage said...

Lexa's favorite present by far is her Ipod touch too. She is obsessed with that thing. We may need to put some limitations on it!

Ady is so cute in her little apron and then her fancy dress. Girls are so much fun! Ethan was fun this year too. I love how excited they get at simple things at this age.

Kari said...

I haven't had internet for a week. It was fun to see your post. I noticed a lampshade in your living room from Target, I'm guessing, because I just bought the same one about 2 weeks ago for our pool table room. It's funny to see some of the same things in your house that I have in mine. I guess it's bound to happen since Target and Hobby Lobby are our main retail favorites!

Related Posts with Thumbnails