Saturday, September 27, 2008

{ I'm Really Back Now }...

This week has been spent cleaning, doing laundry, restocking my fridge (we lost just about everything) going through my piles of papers, checking my calender...you know. All that yucky household management stuff that takes FOREVER to get caught up on once you're behind! And then I have to be "Krysta" and add a million other things to my list when I'm so far behind. So, I decided to go through every cupboard, closet and drawer in my house. I organized EVERYTHING and cleaned every corner in my house. Maybe there's something about being away from home for awhile that makes me want to nest once I get home and do all of these little things. We really did leave it in a mess before we left, so I knew I would be doing some of this when I got home, but once I started I just couldn't stop!!! I wanted to share my favorite piece of organizing I did. This is in Kaylee's bathroom and has all of her hair accessories in it.
I had so much fun making a home for every accessory. I couldn't believe how many things she had. It's so easy to find everything now. No more digging at the last minute in the mornings. And we probably won't be buying anything new for awhile now since I can actually SEE it all! Just to prove that Kaylee is my daughter...she was so excited to come home from school and see this in her bathroom. She admired it for a very long time! :)

7 comments:

thejohnmfamily said...

So it's ironic, because when I was watching your house for you, I was so amazed you had left it so clean. I kept thinking, "wow, I bet she'll be glad when she gets back to know that everything is all taken care of already." It's always a good thing though to get drawers and closets cleared out.

Andrea said...

I like the organization idea. I might have to find somewhere to hang something like this. It looks great.

Jennifer said...

Love it! Where did you find that? The girls hair stuff is all over the place here and that would be great!

Krysta said...

It's a shoe organizer that I picked up at Walmart.

Beeks by the Lake said...

I am so glad you are home safe and sound! And thanks for sharing where you got that CLEAR shoe organizer. Monday is my 'going into Logan' day and so I am going to have to go to Walmart now. Uhm, got any tricks for keeping a 2 year old out of that stuff?

Letti said...

I have this in my girls room and they love it too. It has made them better about letting me fix their hair. I love the fact that I can just go and grab a bow or ribbon. Great job. I always love looking at things you have done in your house.

Gill Dockstader said...

Krysta-I'm amazed! My daughter wont even let me put a bow in her hair. I think it has something to do with her twin brother, too much testosterone in the womb or something! Anyway, I love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails