Tuesday, July 1, 2008

{ Accomplishment For Me!!! }...

This is the last of my 100 + scrapbook pages that I have been working on for the past couple of months. Now I am officially a digital scrapbooker! (I'll still be making cards.) For me, getting all of these pages done, wasn't about being "caught up" because I am definately not caught up! I still have a ton to scrapbook from 2007 and I haven't done any from 2008. But that doesn't bother me. All of that will be digital. My idea and expectations for myself as far as scrapbooking goes have changed a little. Since I've started blogging and basically creating a family journal with pictures that I plan to have printed into a book once a year, I don't really feel the need to scrapbook every picture and every little thing that happens anymore. That alone has relieved a lot of pressure (all self induced by me). I used to scrapbook everything because it was our family journal. I'm so glad that I have those books to look back on and to see how much my family has grown. Anything picture related is a treasure! Scrapbooking to me now is all about FUN! It was about fun before, like getting together with friends, going to retreats and laughing like crazy! I do miss that part about scrapbooking, but now I'm focusing on a different side of fun...I can go in whatever order I want to. I can do a one picture page if I want and not feel guilty about spending all this money on just one picture and if I don't want to scrapbook the pictures that I have posted on my blog, then I don't have to because it's already recorded. The most important reason I kept pushing myself to get this done is so I can start my new way of doing things on a fresh note. Now I can COMPLETELY ENJOY everything about it because I don't have over 100 paper scrapping pages taking half of my brain cells in the opposite direction. YEAH for me!! You know how much I LOVE to finish a project. That feeling of accomplishment makes me want to keep moving forward and tackle something else, but for now I just want to relax. Now my family can have homecooked meals again and a mom who goes to bed on time (that's my new goal...we'll see how I do!)

6 comments:

Andrea said...

I am so Proud of you. That is a huge accomplishment. You have been working so hard and they look like you spent a lot of time on them. I need to get my bottom in gear and get mine done too. Maybe when the kids go to school.

Letti said...

Good job. I bet that feels so good to have all of that done.

Stephanie said...

Way to go! You are truly amazing! I love the blogging too, because it takes the pressure off scrapbooking. And since I've been doing very little scrapbooking, it's probably good I've been blogging. :) Make sure you share your digital pages.

Lindsey Jensen said...

Look at you... your trying to pack to go out of town and you STILL make time to blog! I love it! I can't wait for you to show me how to use my digital scrapbooking kit! I am really behind so I need to get started fast! Can't wait to see you!

Tara said...

That is completely AMAZING -- way to dig in and get it done! I'm not as disciplined -- the paper scrapping (from FOUR YEARS AGO!) might never get done. But I completely agree about the blog/journal thing taking a lot of the stress out of it. It's nice to just enjoy the process a little!

Beeks by the Lake said...

congrats! I think you are the most motivated person that I know, seriously.

Related Posts with Thumbnails