Saturday, November 15, 2008

{ A little of this and a little of that...}

The last couple of days, we have been busy enjoying this...
Papa Moes took a road trip on his motor to come for a visit! We all were so excited to see him and have really enjoyed having him here. Casey took Friday off and spent the day with his dad. They headed off early in the morning and went to the temple and then out to lunch. The house was nice and quiet when they got home, Drew was down for a nap and the other two were at school, so they headed outside and puttered around together doing who knows what! It was fun to see them together. Usually it's not like that for them. Casey is always spreading himself around evenly for everyone (trying to anyway) so it was fun to see just the two of them together enjoying uninterrupted time for each other. We are thankful for visitors and we will take them any chance we get!

Last week, I was busy with this...
and that.
The kids each had a craft day at school. Drew and I were there two different days to help the kids (and teachers) out. In Jake's class he joined right in on story time, just like he was part of the class. Last year it was a nightmare taking him with me to help, but he has truly amazed me this year and has been a little angel! (it's true!) I spent so much of my time at school last week (preparing things on one day and then helping with the craft on two different days) that some part of me just craved a day I could call my own. (I'm sure I'm not the only mom who feels this way every now and then) Mostly, I'm just thankful for these times.
I am thankful that I have 3 beautiful children to keep me busy.
I am thankful that they want me to be a part of their life.
I am thankful for their sweet faces that brighten up when they see me at their school...


and at their cheer games.
Kaylee and her neighbor friend Kayla. They were lucky enough to be on the same team.
Today was Kaylee's last day of cheer for the season. She has had a blast. She had such a great team and the girls really bonded (and the mom's, which makes it even more fun). Although we all had fun, I am thankful that we will now have one more free evening during the week and Saturday mornings to just be lazy...I can hardly wait!

I have been busy doing a little bit of this...
This class is amazing!!! Jessica Sprague is amazing!!!...seriously. This class has given me a whole new perspective on journaling and writing. I've learned:
*why journaling and recording stories is so important, (besides the council we've been given to "keep a journal").
*to take joy in remembering and to share our stories with those we love - because they actually do want to hear it.
*and most importantly, to get excited about it and make it fun in the process, not just a chore.

She is a great teacher and I would love to take more of her classes.

I have also been taking a photography class on line. Chantri Keele is a wonderful photographer and so willing to share her tips and secrets. Luckily, I have access to this class for 6 months because there is so much to learn and it's not getting the attention it deserves right now...but it will...soon enough.
I am thankful that I push myself to learn new things and do things I enjoy...even when I don't really have time for it.
I am thankful for a husband...
who takes the kids for a day of fun while I have a breathe of fresh air...That's one of the things he did today...

and that's how I know he loves me! :)

5 comments:

Beth Curtis said...

it never slows down does it!? I can't believe how big the kids are getting. It has been almost a year since we have seen everyone! That is so sad! I miss the days that we would bombard you guys almost everyday! I need to see you so you can give me some helpful tips on photog and digi scrapbooking!

Eileen said...

I love your posts. What a great history you are creating.

Andrea said...

You have been busy. Hopefully you can re-coop some this week before we come and terrorize your house. I can't wait. Just five and half more days. YEAH!!

Stephanie said...

I've been wondering where you've been!! Sounds like wonderful times and fun at the Moes house. It's been getting hectic around here with the holidays approaching as well. THe crafts you made are so adorable. Our party is this Friday....we'll see how it goes!

Emily Hansen said...

Sounds like a fun, busy week. I bet the kids loved getting a visit from Papa Moes. I can't believe he enjoys riding a motorcycle that far. Good luck with your online classes. They sound exciting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails