Thursday, April 30, 2009

{ 16 weeks }

This post should actually be titled " First Trimester" or "15 weeks" since I'm going to journal about my first trimester and the picture is me at 15 weeks, but whatever.  I'm 16 weeks now and I feel like celebrating!  I promised myself that since this is my LAST pregnancy, I was going to journal more about it and record lots of little details.  Ahhhh...have I done that?  NO!  I am going to  make up for it now.  I had Casey take a picture of me last week (I'm a week bigger now) and I thought I would put together a little list of things that got me through my first trimester.  Why I think I might want to remember this is beyond me, but you never know.

Some of my favorite foods: Taco Bell - Burrito Supreme and (crunchy) Taco Supreme.  Sonic - Cherry Limeade.  Chic-fil-A - Lemonade.  McDonald's - (plain) Double Cheeseburger, Fries and a Hot fudge Sundae.  Subway - Ham and Cheese on white.  Homemade Macaroni and Cheese,  Mashed Potatoes, Fruit with dip, microwave Pretzels with Cheese Whiz and Mexican Coconut popsicles.  Is any of that even healthy?  The only thing that was, is the fruit and then I ruined it with the dip.  Or the ham and cheese and then I ruined it with the white bread.  Oh well.  That was me trying to keep food down.  I would go on a lunch run at least every other day, if not, every day.  Eating lunch at home made me sick!

Things I did:  At the beginning I took lots and lots of naps.  Get the kids on the bus - take a nap.  Get Drew down for an afternoon nap - take another nap.  I was in bed by 8:30 every night.  NOTHING got done, unless Casey did it,  or I would do it and then be even more sick.  I don't know how we  survived.  I'm just glad my husband and kids love me so much.  Once I started to feel a little bit better, I got hooked on T.V.  I'm not normally a T.V. watching person, besides 2 shows that I'm 100% dedicated to.  But all of the sudden I LOVED watching T.V.  I would get the kids to bed and unwind with  T.V. every night.  During the day fresh air always made me feel better, so Drew and I would sit outside in the backyard for hours and hang out.  A couple times a week we would pack a lunch and meet Casey at a park right by his work and watch Drew feed the ducks. 

Can I even begin to explain how glad I am those times are over!?!  When I read back over it, it all sounds so pathetic!  That was my life though.  The lunch dates with Casey were fun, but that's about it!

Here I am at 15 weeks!

15 weeks - Me           15 weeks - Belly

This week I started to feel the baby kick (16 weeks).  Just a little and it's pretty random, but it's definitely different than gas bubbles.  That has been fun.  Now if I can just get my energy and zest for life back things will be fabulous!  I have a huge list of things I want to tackle before the baby comes and I can feel my time slipping away.  Grrrrr....that's one of the worst feelings - being unproductive.  I will TRY to be patient though. 

I get to find out what I'm having in 3 weeks!  I'm going to try to get the voter up on my side bar tonight, so if you see it, put your vote in.  Are we having a boy or a girl?????

16 comments:

The Faridoni Fam said...

Thanks for the update. I've been waiting. I hear you on the not being able to eat at home. I ate take out ALL the time too during the first few months. Weird! So glad you are getting past that hard beginning of feeling crappy! And I can't wait to see the results of the vote!!

Stephanie said...

I'm voting a girl!! You look great, Krysta. I know you haven't felt well, but you lok so cute pregnant.

Stephanie said...

This made me so sad to read. But yet so happy for you! I can literally see that little baby inside of you! You would be amazed what an amazing little baby you have. Already toenails... Keep us updated. Hope you keep feeling better. Although right now I would love to be puking in the toilet (although I didn't know that a couple of weeks ago!). Sorry if this is a downer, love you!

Lindsey Jensen said...

I love it! Way cute baby bump! I love that picture of you! You are still tiny as always! Even though you may not feel that way bc I know I sure don't but people always say your so small... Well I don't feel like it so quit telling me that!!!

I am so glad you are starting to feel better and getting back into blogging, I have missed your posts. Now I just have to do the same and get my bum into geer!

Andrea said...

GIRL!! Definitely a girl. How will are kids get married if we both don't have girls? ha ha. Anyways, you look so cute prego.

Beth Curtis said...

I love it!! It all seems so real now! I can't wait to know if it is a boy or girl. I love that you are wearing a black shirt : ) **heart*** Your first trimester sounded a lot like mine. I still don't really like to make anything and cereal is my bff. I can't wait for more pics!

Jana said...

You are tiny!

My vote is you DON'T find out. You already have both~

We didn't find out with our last and I LOVED it!! I promise you will love it too. It really made the delivery so much better because I was so excited to know if it was a boy or a girl...

Eileen said...

What a cute little bump! And I mean little. You have really mastered that camera. You need to teach me your secrets. Do you shoot manual? cuz, WOW!

Tallie Geddes said...

I vote girl because I wish that for Kaylee - every girl needs a sister. You look awesome - I have that same bump and my baby is 5 months!

Letti said...

Congratulations you look beautiful. I have been saying the same thing to myself since this is my last and so far I have one picture...lol I need to do better. Oh and I hope you are having a girl. By the way do you know of any cute girl names?

Brynne said...

I'm so glad you posted preg-o pics of you! You look AMAZING! That's how I always WANTED to look when I was pregnant, but instead I got big everywhere, not just the belly!

Since it sounds like you have been sick....I vote that it's a girl. Can't wait to hear the news! I made an extra effort with my last one too, to cherish every step of the journey since it was the last time. It's so hard to let that last one grow up sometimes--you just want to keep them little!!

The Johnson's said...

You are so lucky to look cute while pregnant! I voted girl, but I'll have to agree with Jana. We never found out on any of ours and it was so exciting at the delivery. By the time I had Brynn, I was sure she was a boy, too! How surprised was I when the doctor said, "it's not a boy"! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well and you can enjoy every minute of it!

Bre said...

YOu look so great! ANd super cute, I cant wait to find out what you are having, I hope you start feeling better!

H.Sons said...

Thank you so much for responding to me. I do have one more question, I am so sorry. When you do your post through windows how do you link it to blogspot or get it here? If you want to e-mail me you can so I dont clog your blog. =)
h_sons@yahoo.com
Thanks

Jen said...

You look great Krysta!!! I say eat whatever you want while pregnant, thats what I did. I think your having a girl. :)

Jamie said...

Oh Krysta, could you be any cuter? Your belly is so teeny tiny! SO CUTE! CONGRATS! I am so glad you are feeling better now...my vote is a GIRL!;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails