Saturday, July 18, 2009

{ Baby on the Brain }

I feel like sitting here to take some time for journaling right now, which could also be classified as rambling.  I am finally in the nesting stage of my pregnancy!  I was getting nervous there for a little while, wondering why it hadn't hit me yet.  But it has and I am sooooooooo glad!  Last week, when my brother and sister were visiting, we pulled out all of my baby clothes the very first night they got here.  They are both having boys so I passed on all of my goods to them.  That was all I needed to get me going.  Casey was laughing at me for how I went from 0 to over 100 in the motivation/baby category in one night!  The next day we all went shopping to the outlet mall.  We hit Carters and Osh Kosh.  It was fun to shop with my expectant siblings for baby clothes.  We found some great finds.  That was the beginning of my baby shopping bug.  It hasn't left yet.  I even take the three kids with me...crazy, but I just can't help it!

Since then, I have made lists of things I need for this little girl and things I want.  I've sorted through all of my baby girl clothes.  They are getting washed as I type, along with blankets and the swing cover and anything else baby related.  First I am washing them with Tide and then I'll re -wash them again with Dreft, just in case this baby has sensitive skin.  I don't know if the Tide first is necessary, but I feel the urge to make sure they are really, really clean. :)  A little OCD?...Yeah, I think so.  I have sorted through every closet in this house.  Gone through every clothing item and toy item, cleaned them and organized them.  Uncluttered Drew and Jake's rooms especially so that when the time comes to move them in together and make Drew's room a nursery, I will be ready.  Which isn't going to happen until AFTER the baby comes.  I know that probably comes as a shock to people who really know me.  I usually have the room done months before the baby is here.  I have good reason though.  The kids bedrooms are upstairs and ours is down.  For the first time ever the baby is going to be in a bassinet in our room.  Upstairs is too far away to have the baby sleep.  That will probably last for 2-3 months, so I don't see any point in kicking Drew out of his room so soon.  Plus it frees up a lot of time for me right now to not worry about the bedding and decor and all of that.  I can focus on other projects to get out of the way before our little girl arrives.  I will know when the nursery needs to be a priority.  Babies have a way of making their presence known! Until then, we have the changing table in our closet and we have made hanging room for her in there too.  We are lucky that Texas likes building homes with large closets so that we have this option with out cluttering our bedroom up.  We finished cleaning and organizing our closet last night.   Casey has taken two HUGE loads to The Salvation Army for me.  I have another HUGE load almost ready to go to Kid to Kid.  I'm going to try to earn some extra cash for baby necessities. 

Today, Casey took the kids to clean the church this morning, then to the Zoo and I think they are at the pool right now.  They have been gone all day.  It's a bittersweet thing for me.  I so desperately needed the time and quiet to get some things marked off my list, but at the same time, it's almost too quiet and I miss them.  I'm such a hard person to please!!  Really though...I am ENJOYING the quiet and I have gotten a lot of things done.  Thanks for giving me this little break.  It's done me good! :)

7 comments:

Letti said...

Thats great that you are getting so much done. I just wish I would have started a little earlier so that my back wouldn't hurt as much. I can't wait to see your things for your little girl.

Gill Dockstader said...

Glad the nesting bug finally hit for you Krysta! I have been ready for weeks and this baby still wont come! I did the same thing with my sister when she came to visit a couple of months ago (she is also expecting & as this is our last one I said farewell to all my boy things!) I am sooooo ready to not be pregnant anymore and soooo excited to meet the newest addition to our family. Good luck with your nesting!

Amelia said...

IT was so fun to read all your post from yesterday. You are also a very cute pregnant lady. I miss ya tons and reading all these things just makes it harder. Good thing for blogs and all your cute photos. I can't wait to see the next update. Love ya

Andrea said...

I think it is so funny that we have nested in totally opposite ways. I finsihed the rooms, and have nothing washed, and really no clothes.

You have done completly the opposite. Well, atleast we have something done.

Lindsey Jensen said...

I'm so glad you are starting to get excited about getting stuff done now! You just needed a little kick in the butt but us siblings who are having our FIRST! She is going to be here sooner then we think... only 12 more weeks!!

Tallie Geddes said...

You make me smile - how fun to read and see a glimpse of Krystas frantic brain again! I loved all your pictures - way to go. Did I tell you I'm buying a real camera too!?

The Faridoni Fam said...

If only all the cleaning and organizing from nesting would last longer than it does. It's amazing how much can be accomplished... while waddling around. I planned to do the same thing with Jake. Then a couple weeks before he came I changed my mind! I decided he needed a room to come home to. Like he would know the difference! I did not get it done in time. He's 8 months and his room is still only 3/4 done. Ugh!

Related Posts with Thumbnails