I bit the bullet and decided to start a Project 365 of my own. I tried to talk myself out of it. I really did. I absolutely, do NOT need one more thing to wrap my mind around right now, but the idea of taking a photo every day for a year and then recording them in ONE book inspired me. I tried to tell myself that I didn’t need that book. I have my blog books and my scrapbooks (whenever I actually get around to scrapbooking) but I couldn’t kick the thought of having a “photo journal”. A place to record a little of what happened each day with minimal words. A photo says so much, that sometimes words just aren’t necessary.
I may have started Project 365 for the book, but since doing it this past week I have learned so much!
1. I found my love for taking pictures of the every day happenings again. I don’t have to be capturing the “perfect” photo in order to pull my camera out.
2. My life is full of meaningful moments that I would normally have looked right past.
3. I spend more time with my kids. Once I’ve stopped what I’m doing to snap some photos, it’s easy to take a couple of extra minutes to play, giggle and talk.
4. It helps me look for the good.
5. I am REALLY capturing our life…in ONE photo a day!
6. It makes me happy.
Memorial Day – Enjoying a BBQ and great company at a friends house. The kids made their own waterslide.
Lego Dig – Hours and hours of entertainment for Drew.
My little helper – Ady likes to help me make the beds.
Puppet Show – Our plan was to go to the park. It started to rain. Drew was sad at first, complaining as he followed me up to Ady’s room. Then he spontaneously changed his attitude and decided to put on a puppet show for me and Ady.
Icky Boys – First day of summer. Jake and Drew’s favorite past time. Frog catching in the backyard.
Exhausted – Saturday’s are swim meet days. HOT, LONG days in the sun. We came home and took a 2 hour nap. It was awesome! Kaylee especially deserved this nap. It was her second Saturday in a row to get first place in the breast stoke. Each time she beat 30+ people.
Game Day – Sundays are a great day to hang out in our family room after church and play games and watch movies together. Dad is ALWAYS up for a game. The kids love this!
That is my first week with Project 365. If you have even the smallest desire to do this I encourage you to! Just do it. I dare you to. :) You will be glad you did.