Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Birthday Party for Kaylee

You should be forewarned that this is a really long post.  There are so many details to share.

In July we celebrated Kaylee’s 10th birthday.  She had a kitchen themed party.  She helped me plan the whole thing.

Photobucket

We started out in the pizza station.  One of Kaylee’s favorite meals are her daddy’s homemade calzones.

Photobucket

Each place setting had a silver cake tray along with their plate and napkins.  They used the silver tray to roll out their dough.  That way it wouldn’t stick to the table cloth.

Photobucket

I had glass containers out for all of the pizza toppings.

Photobucket

And of course her fave…Dr. Pepper.

Photobucket

We used the frozen package of Rhodes Bread.  It was easy prep.  Each loaf was cut into thirds.

Photobucket

It was the perfect size for them to handle on their own and plenty big for one serving.

Photobucket

The toppings were loaded up, the top of the bread was folded over, pinched shut and put in the oven to bake.

Photobucket

Casey was a huge help with this, plus Kaylee loved that her dad was helping with her party.

While the calzones were baking, it was time to move to the baking center.

Photobucket

The girls each had an apron tied to their chair.  I had the moms RSVP with their daughters favorite color.  We just did simple white aprons and then embellished them with the chosen color.  This was one of their party favors.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This one is Kaylee’s tied to her birthday chair.  (As a side note: this chair was free.  A couple of days before her party my neighbor had this chair and another one sitting out for the garbage man to get.  I snatched them up.  It was already painted green and perfect.  I have painted the other one a fire engine red.  Now we have a girl and boy birthday chair and two new photography props.)

Photobucket

Each place setting also had a chefs hat (their other party favor) a silver tray (with a lip on it so the sprinkles wouldn’t roll all over the floor) and their paper goods.

Photobucket

I baked sugar cookies ahead of time in 3 different size of circles.  They made their own birthday cake cookie by decorating and stacking them.

The party girls worked hard.

Photobucket

Here are some details of the table decor and what the girls used to decorate their cookies.

Photobucket

They had lots of fun and got so creative!

Photobucket

After they ate their calzones it was time to open presents…

Photobucket

and blow out the candles.

Photobucket

Each of the girls got one of Kaylee’s candles and made wishes together.

Here are a couple more party decorations.  While Kaylee and I were preparing for her party she kept asking me over and over what decoration was my favorite.  I never could decide but she always chose the cupcake garland.

Photobucket

Her other favorites were the fresh Gerber Daisies on the shelf and the centerpiece of the table. 

Photobucket

This was such a fun way to celebrate Kaylee’s birthday.  She and her friends are old enough to know their way around the kitchen and do things on their own while still enjoying a creative outlet.  My favorite part of the whole thing was spending time with Kaylee planning it.  We gathered ideas from my Birthday Party board on Pinterest together and shopped late into the night and spent a couple of days putting it all together.  She has an eye for detail and appreciates pretty things.  We speak the same language. :)

 

 

Linking up to:

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap <br /> up           party!

 

19 comments:

Simply Sammie said...

This is such a great idea and I bet the girls had a great time! The decorations are absolutely adorable and I love how you got the girls involved in the party and how you had it split into stations. Thanks so much for sharing and happy late birthday to Kaylee!

Colleen said...

What an adorable party theme! You guys did such a cute job with all the little details. So fun!

Lindsey Jensen said...

That is the most adorable birthday idea!!! I love every little detail!! You two are so creative!! Great job Krys, it turned out amazing!!

Gina@lifewith50toes said...

such a Great party, My daughter is Sept 10th, I'm so excited to incorporate some of your ideas. Beautiful photos too ! What camera do you have. Thanks !

Beth Curtis said...

OMG that is insanely adorable! I don't know what I like best! Who would ever just throw those chairs away?! Good snatch! I LOVE the aprons that you made. Oh man, you are SO good!

Prudently Painted Vintage said...

Lexa has been begging me to make calzones like at Kaylee's house. You use frozen dough? It is on my to do list this week for something special for her.

What a fun party! I love that you even decorated the shelf behind the table. You are so detail oriented.

Who would throw away those chairs!! Haven't they ever heard of craigslist?!

To The Moon and Back said...

Looks like such great fun! I love the cupcake liner garland too. And the chair, score!

Jenny B. Jones said...

I don't even have children and I want to throw one of those parties.

southerninspiration said...

Adorable!! And Astros???? I'm in the houston area...are you???

suzanne

Letti said...

I love this party! You need to write a book with all the fun things you do with your kids!

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

Hi Krysta! I found your link via Just a Girl and not only fell in love with this party idea but also with your blog! I'm pretty sure I just pinned about 24 million of your creative ideas (I'm also following you now on Pinterest and your blog). I sound amazingly creepy but what can I say - I think you have great taste and ideas! :) Have a great week!

Polka Dot Bungalow said...

How fun and oh, the memories that will not be forgotten!Thank you for sharing...reminds me of the Ice cream party my mom did for me! Wanted to let you know that I am sharing this cute party with my lovelies today! Feel free to check it out!

Thank you again~ Have a {Marvelous} Monday!

Stephanie

Shop: www.polkadotbungalow.etsy.com
Blog: www.polkadotbungalow.blogspot.com
Facebook: Polka Dot Bungalow

Christina said...

LOVE this! You did a fabulous job!
xoxo

Andrea said...

Swoon. Love. LOVE. Love. it all. I bet those girls had a blast. I love that you planned it together.

Candice said...

So adorable!!! You have a darling blog,, I'm a new follower.

Tam said...

You two do speak the same language! Tae wanted to do your Dr Pepper station for her bday. After harping on it for a while I finally said "Tae, I'm not as cool as Miss Krysta. We arent going to do it". To which she replied "I know your not but cant you at least try?" Little imp!

Mini Me said...

where did you find the chef hats? such a cute party

Unknown said...

Decent post. I recently came across your blog and wanted to say that I've really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon..where to rent a photo booth for a party

Allyseek said...

Allyseek is a global matrimony website intended to help you find your life partner. The matrimonial platform connects people from different nationalities and races from anywhere in the world. Trusted by millions of Brides & Grooms globally. Register FREE!.
Visit: Bahrain matrimony

Related Posts with Thumbnails