Sunday, April 20, 2008

100 Things About Me...

My friend Andrea did this on her blog. I had so much fun reading hers, so I decided to join in. I think this will be fun to have for my family to look back on and read once I print our blog book at the end of the year. Here it is:

1. I like when people ask me to serve.
2. I struggle with the thought of whether or not our family is complete every day.
3. I get really baby hungry in the spring and summer because 2 out of our 3 are born in the summer, so those are the seasons of me anticipating a new birth.
4. I'm a cereal girl at heart or bagels or cinnamon toast, anything easy. I cringe when I hear Casey making breakfast on the weekends. Who needs to make a mess first thing in the morning?! I do enjoy eating it, though. :)
5. I would love to have a reunion weekend with my "Clovis Girls" that I grew up with. It's been about 10 years since we saw eachother and long overdue!
6. I am completely obsessed with vacume lines in the carpet. It's my thinking medicine and makes my head feel refreshed again.
7. I love Casey's new job here in Houston. We finally work for a company that knows how to take care of their employees.
8. I love tax return checks!
9. I love to finish a project.
10. I don't like getting inspired to start a new project, but once I have, you better watch out!
11. I don't like the thought of having a pet. Jake loves them, though and really needs a dog. If I wasn't so selfish, I would take on the extra load of work and new challenge. Casey feels the same way about pets and tonight he told me "Baby #4 or a dog." Hmmmm....I would definately choose baby! (Don't worry, we aren't planning anything yet. I'm still too chicken.)
12. I absolutely love taking my kids to the pool. We could seriously spend all day there. It's the one way of playing with them that I know I'm good at and we always have fun together.
13. I love my new camera and have no regrets about buying it at all. A good picture makes all the difference.
14. Sometimes I wish I had done photography instead of hair.
15. I don't miss doing hair at all and that makes me not regret moving, which made it possible for me to be done doing hair.
16. There isn't a day that goes by without me thinking "How in the world did I get so lucky to marry a husband like mine?"
17. I love going out to dinner and not having to cook.
18. I love when my kids make friends with other kids that I really enjoy being around.
19. I enjoy supporting my husband in a calling.
20. My absolute favorite kind of food is Mexican. I crave it all the time.
21. I really miss spending time with my sister.
22. I wish my parents didn't have to move and that we could enjoy our time here with them WITHOUT them having to sell their house.
23. I love flying on an airplane and wish I could do it more often with the kids and the whole family.
24. I hate when people wake me up, let me wake up on my own. That's one of the ways Casey and I are so completely different...he's a morning person and I am sooooo not!
25. I can't stand the time of day from 3:30 - 5:00. Homework, kids want snacks, everyone is bored and ready to switch up the routine and I'm too tired to get creative!
26. I love General Conference weekends. There's no better way to get uplifted and get that push in the right direction that I need, than to listen to our wonderful leaders.
27. I really don't want my kids to grow up! Everytime I think about it I get tears in my eyes.
28. I am striving everyday to "live in the moment" and enjoy all the little fun things that go on in our day.
29. I love looking through old scrapbooks and when I do I am so glad that I took time to make pages that bring a smile to my face and make me feel happy. I know that our family will treasure these forever.
30. I love hearing my kids laugh. No matter how bad my mood is at the time, it makes me laugh to listen to their cute little chuckles.
31. I love spending Saturdays at the soccer fields cheering on Kaylee and Jake, or basketball games watching Kaylee cheer. There's nothing like watching a good game, especially when your kids are involved!
32. I love vacations and really missed not doing our family vacation with my side of the family this year.
33. I wish I could train my body to go to bed early and wake up feeling refreshed in the morning.
34. I love how excited my kids get when I bake a treat.
35. My favorite holidays are Christmas and the 4th of July, in that order.
36. I love summer nights, staying up later with the kids and spending time outside on walks and family bike rides.
37. The only thing I miss about paper scrapping are my long weekend retreats and Friday nights of scrapping with my friends. Those are such fun memories and I really do miss it.
38. I love digital scrapbooking and I am so glad I switched. Simplify, simplify, simplify and that is what digital scrapbooking is all about. Just what I needed!
39. I love when my kids give me a great big hug and tell me that they love me.
40. I feel lonely watching T.V. with out Casey. When our shows are on, we record them on the DVR and watch after the kids are in bed. I can't watch them unless he's with me, it's just not the same.
41. I love watching my kids spend time with their grandparents...so sweet it is!
42. I enjoy setting goals and pushing myself until I achieve them.
43. I love knowing that Kaylee and Jake learned how to swim because I took the time to teach them last summer. What a wonderful feeling of accomplishment for all of us.
44. I love a good, long weekend with my kindred sister Andrea. We are like two peas in a pod!
45. I love spending time with my kids one at a time. It doesn't have to be anything big, even just stealing one of them to go to the grocery store with me, or walking to get the mail with just one of them.
46. I'm all about the "mom ponytail" these days, although I'm feeling like I'm taking advantage of it for the worse. I'll probably be cutting it off so that it's just long enough to pull into a pony, but short enough to actually enjoy doing.
47. I really don't enjoy multi-tasking. I'm good at it because I'm a mom, but I would much prefer to take my time at things and enjoy every step of whatever it is I'm doing.
48. I love sweets and can't ever get enough of them!
49. I take comfort in the fact that I am blessed to have so many friends who love me unconditionally, really KNOW ME and who are always supportive and encouraging.
50. I love my Young Womens calling. It's very time consuming, but soooooo rewarding...kind of like my kids are!
51. I love when I take time to sit down and cuddle with my kids during one of their favorite movies.
52. I sometimes worry about what I'm going to do with myself when my kids are at school all day. Next year 2 out of the 3 will be gone.
53. I love taking a nice long hot shower. Casey says I have it way too hot. Kaylee is just like me because when she gets out her skin is red!
54. You will NEVER find me without polish on my toes, usually pink. You will not find me with color on my fingers, always clear. (too hard to maintain)
55. I love seeing pictures of me and Casey together. Pictures these days are usually of the kids or us with the kids, so I really treasure the ones we take of just us.
56. I love when you become more than just an acquaintance to someone and they start to know the real you.
57. I miss living by Brandon and Beth and having them stop by for visits.
58. I love volunteering to help in my kids schools. (that's something I could do to take up time when they are all at school)
59. I love being organized and putting things where they belong. I don't have to waste time trying to find stuff!
60. I really enjoy alone time and try to make myself not feel guilty when Casey takes the kids so I can have "Me" time.
61. I often find myself in my closet admiring my food storage supply. It's not complete yet, but WOW has it ever grown!!
62. I love the comfort I feel and the blessings I recieve from being a member of The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
63. I love going on vacations with just me and Casey, grandparents need bonding time, right?
64. Just as much as I love that, I really love taking our kids on a good, kid friendly vacation where we can all enjoy eachothers company.
65. I love my morning walks.
66. I always wonder if my kids really know how much I love them.
67. I don't like waking up to a messy house. I would rather stay up late and catch up, then wake up living in "Ground Hogs Day".
68. I would be scared to add up how much time I spend on the computer a day...blogging, e-mailing, scrapbooking, playing with my pictures...
69. I shower and put makeup on every day, even if I know I'm not going to get dressed or do my hair that day.
70. I wish Casey and I took time to get babysitters and go on a date atleast once a month.
71. I actually really enjoyed living with my parents this summer. I missed being with Casey, but the kids and I really bonded with my parents and made a lot of fun memories.
72. My body craves a good run every now and then.
73. I really can't stand blowdrying my hair!
74. I've never sent a text message, I don't think I've ever gotten one either.
75. I gotta have me Coke! I don't mess with diet either, it has to be the real thing.
76. My biggest pet peeve with my kids is grubby finger prints. This is what you will hear me say in our house often, "Please don't touch that with your little grubbies!" Every now and then the word please gets forgotten about...that's when I'm cursing my glass door and my stainless steel fridge.
77. I really enjoy being 30. There's just something about it that's fun and empowering.
78. I love how my kids smell after a bath. When I'm tucking them into bed, I could fall asleep with them, smelling their sweet little faces.
79. I don't like doorbells. I think they sound obnoxious. Those little post-its over my doorbell don't work, people still ring the bell.
80. I love having bedtime snacks.
81. I don't mind monotonous household chores. I use that time when I'm folding laundry, dusting, scrubbing toilets, and whatever else, to get absorbed in my own thoughts. I think, ponder, come up with new ideas and refuel my brain while I'm working around the house.
82. I like my little wrinkles by my eyes...it makes me feel mature and wise. LOL! I really do like them, though.
83. I love watching a good game in person, but I hate watching sports on T.V. The noise drives me crazy!
84. I'm usually late when I have to go somewhere. I don't like leaving the house if I'm not done with something and there's usually something to get worked on.
85. I love watching my kids grow into their own person, apart from me and Casey, with their own ideas and ways of doing things.
86. I wish I went to the theater to see movies more often. Instead, I never hear about a movie until we go see what's new at the Redbox!
87. I don't like building houses. We've done it twice now and I hope that if we move again, I can find a perfect home that is all ready for me and I don't have to wait for one more construction person to finish something. I am grateful for construction people, though, because I do love new houses. I just don't want to go through the building process again!
88. It drives me crazy how my kids think they can get away with ANYTHING because I'm on the phone. I think that's the reason I much prefer an e-mail these days than a phone call, but I love everyone that calls me and you can call me anytime. Just know that if I don't answer the phone, I'm not avoiding you, I will call you right back! :)
89. My Grandma (my dad's mom) chose my first name.
90. I love how my first name is spelled.
91. I always smile when I find my kids' things in some random place after they've gone to bed. Tonight I found Jake's slippers under my computer table and I had to smile. It makes me remember that my kids are all around me.
92. I love music that makes me want to dance! You won't see me dancing in front of anyone anymore, but I do sometimes when I'm by myself or with my kids. They dance with me for a little while and then tell me to stop!
93. I always have a pile at the bottom of the stairs waiting to get taken up. It never bothers me. I find myself walking right by it and I don't even notice it's there.
94. I love routines, but sometimes find myself getting bored of them. So every now and then I have an "off" day so I can appreciate my routine again.
95. I'm not a person that gets offended. I kind of just let things roll right past me.
96. I love earning points from using our credit card.
97. My middle name is Ann.
98. My kids know that if I clap my hands really loud and give them "the look" that I mean business. They always jump to attention. Sometimes I can't help but laugh! They look like 3 baby deer caught in the headlights.
99. I'm really not a window shopper. I LOVE to shop with friends and family, but very seldom will you find me in a store browsing for fun by myself. If I don't need something, I usually don't go.
100. I love hearing the word "mmm" when my kids are eating something I've made for dinner. I find myself not cooking dinner too much these days, so maybe their just excited to eat a hot meal!
This is what I've been working on since Sunday. Being completely self absorbed in me! It was pretty fun too. It took me a while to come up with 100 things. I encourage all of you to try it. You'll probably learn some things about yourself that you don't even think about. Try it!

9 comments:

Andrea said...

Yeah!! I have been waiting all day for you to post this. I even stayed up late hoping that you would get it done. I love it, and as I read it, it made me think of a lot of things I could have added to me list. Like the piles at the bottom of the stairs. That is so me. Miss you, even more now that I got to think about you and your fun qualities. Your the best. The bestest friend that anyone could ever ask for.

Krysta said...

Your darling Husband is stealing your logon ... (too lazy to log in as myself).
I love being here with you. I love your camera and I do love your blogging . . . even though you spend too much time with it.

Andrea said...

Casey, you are too too funny.

Stephanie said...

Krysta, so fun to read about you! It does make me miss you too. What kind of camera did you get??? Love good cameras!

Stephanie said...

Oh Krysta. This is so cute. I loved reading this and learning a few new things about you. I have to have Coke too! It used to be Dr. Pepper, but not anymore. I would love a reunion as well. You are so funny and cute. Oh by the way, I forgot we both had 'Ann' as our middle names (: Love you

Lindsey Jensen said...

Krys, this is so fun! It would take me forever to think of 100 things! You did a really good job! Very fun to read. Oh, and I'm glad you miss spending time with me that was very nice to hear. I miss you tons and can't wait to see you! Your the best... awesome mom, great wife, amazing friend and the best sister I could ever ask for. I love you!

Letti said...

That was fun reading about you. We have a lot in common. I wish you we lived closer together I am dying to learn how to digi scrap.

Beeks by the Lake said...

I love your ponytail! I think you look so elegant with long hair. I love this 100 things - that would make a great 2 page layout! thanks for sharing! so GLAD you love your camera.

Ash said...

How fun! I just might try that! It was good to get to know you better.

Related Posts with Thumbnails