Thursday, April 3, 2008

A funny "Mom Moment" in my day

O.K.... So, you know when your almost 3 year old is too big for the umbrella stroller when he gets up and starts walking with the stroller attached to him! Yup! It's true. Can you just picture Drew doing this to me?!?! We were at one of my favorite stores today, that doesn't have carts, so I brought him in with the umbrella stroller. We haven't used it for awhile, but I didn't think he had out grown it. In fact, he was in desperate need of a nap, so I figured he would sleep for me. Far from! I was looking for earrings and then noticed that he had scooted himself away using his feet so he could look at something else. I pushed him back by me and then he tried again. Only this time, I turn around and see him standing up looking at stuff with the stroller attached to his back!!! He looked absolutely ridiculous, which made me laugh so hard I almost peed my pants in the store! Then he started walking with it. He wasn't taking me seriously at all when I told him to sit down, since I thought the whole thing was pretty funny (a little embarassing, but funny). So we hurried to buy my earrings and left. I have never had Kaylee or Jake do that to me, so this was a whole new experience. I guess I'm done shopping at the mall and my favorite jewlery store because they don't have carts and I'm not about to lug my double walking stroller with me. Well, Drew will be glad that his shopping days with mom are over. I guess we'll stick to the grocery store and Sam's Club...boring!

5 comments:

Lindsey Jensen said...

That is so funny. I can totally see Drew doing that and I can see it happening to you too. Your kids are great. Bummer the day time shopping trips are over for now! I'm sure it was good while it lasted!!

Andrea said...

Only your kids!! Atleast you laugh at him. I guess there will be season for shopping for yourself again, like in two years when they are all in SCHOOL!!

Stephanie said...

Kids are the best for making you laugh! When we visited Susan in ABQ last month, Kala hopped in the stroller at the zoo. I took a pic of her....a ten year old in a stroller! I refuse to push her around though. Sometimes at the grocery store, she'll ask to hop in the cart while we walk around-talk about a workout for me. She has to get out once I start putting stuff in the cart because she takes up so much room.

Stephanie said...

So funny. Katie used to do this. I don't think she was even 3. I can remember being in the Scrapbook Station and her taking off all over the store. Once she even tipped over- yup, I won mom of the year for that one!

Jamie said...

That is hillarious! I know your pain, my kids suck at shopping, except dont worry I DO lug my giant double jogging stroller to the mall...it's the only way I can do it! Good thing I only go to the mall like twice a year!

Related Posts with Thumbnails