Tuesday, May 20, 2008

{ All Tuckered Out! }

Last night Drew was SOOOO wound up after bedtime! The other two kids had been fast asleep for some time and Drew was still turning on his light in his room and playing with his toys. Casey and I were downstairs watching T.V. and knew this was going on, but neither one of us felt like doing anything about it. He kept opening and closing his door, so we knew he hadn't zonked out yet. Finally, Casey told him to bring his pillow and blanket downstairs. We both were in a pretty laid back kind of mood (doesn't happen very often that we BOTH are feeling that way). He came down with this huge grin on his face and sat by me while I painted my nails and watched 'Dancing With The Stars', jabbering my ear off the whole time. I was ready for bed a little after 10:00 last night (miracle, I know) and Drew comes in to lay by me, still wide awake and continues to jabber away. I was halfway asleep and muttered to him to go find Dad and I bet he would tuck you into bed. He did, but I don't think that boy fell asleep until 11:00 last night! Of course he woke up at the same time this morning that he does when he goes to sleep at 8:00, go figure. So, today after we dropped Jake off at preschool, I was doing random things around the house and Drew was playing. At 11:00 I walked through the family room and this is what I stumbled across:


He had been watching Shark Tales and I guess it finally clicked that he didn't get enough sleep last night. So he had gone upstairs and brought down his blanket and spread it out on the floor and crashed, surrounded by all of his toys. Too cute!! I love running into little quiet, peaceful, moments like this. It makes me want to pick him up and squeeze him because he looks so darn cute! I love that he took care of himself too. It's a bitter sweet thing actually. He's growing up so much, (bitter) but it's nice that he tucked himself in for a nap! (sweet)

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Those are the best moments. How cute is he. Don't pick him up and squeeze him-let sleeping dogs lie!!!!!! I hope you were able to get a bunch of stuff done.

Lindsey Jensen said...

That is so cute. He is getting to be such a big boy. I can see how that could be both bitter and sweet! He is a doll. I am still SO excited for you guys to come!

The Johnson's said...

I'm with you Krysta--I love to walk in on those moments! He is such a cute little boy! I had to laugh when you were saying that BOTH you and Casey were laid back last night--isn't it true that it is rarely BOTH parents that are laid back...sometimes it's me barking and other times it's Greg! It's really bad around here when it's both of us! :-) I have learned though--that it's so worth those moments when we decide not to get upset and let them do some of those things every once in awhile! (remind me of that as Zach continues in his teen years and Tanner joins him!! ha)

Beth Curtis said...

so cute. I just got a little sad when I saw that Drew baby doesn't have any more baby fat! Where did it go?!

Andrea said...

That is my favorite. I love when the kids do that. He was up late. How fun that you got osme quality time with just him last night. I bet he was in heaven.

Bre said...

What a cute picture. That is too sweet, I really do love those moments. Sometimes those are moments I want to lay next to them and keep them close as well because you really do realize how fast they are growing up.

Beeks by the Lake said...

he is so cute! give him a hug for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails