Thursday, May 15, 2008

{ Anticipation }

Today has been a day of ANTICIPATION in our house. Casey has been in Chicago since early Monday morning and he’s coming home tonight. We are so ready to see him again. I feel bad because the kids are all tucked in bed and won't get to see him until tomorrow morning. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Casey wakes them up when he gets home. I think he's missed them probably more than they have missed him. It's no fun spending your nights in a hotel room watching T.V. all by yourself with no where to go. I've made sure to keep the kids busy this week. We've done bike rides and trips to the park, grocery shopping and a trip to Hobby Lobby ( I had to have an outing that wasn't kid related or a necessity for home). The kids have been AWESOME! I'm so proud of them. They've played really well with eachother and kept things fun and easy going around the house. What helpers too...they picked up when asked and did bath time so fast and I didn't even have to get "grumpy" (as they would say) to get it all done. The only bad thing that has happened is Drew bonking his head AGAIN! In the last two days, he's bumped it 3 times in the same spot so it keeps getting worse instead of healing. So for their reward for good behavior, we went and saw 'Horton Hears A Who' tonight and then went out for dinner. Kaylee was especially excited becuase I pulled her out of shcool about 20 minutes early. It's so funny the things that gets kids excited about. I remember getting excited about those things too.
Anyway, it's always good to have a break from your spouse every now and then. It makes you realize how much you enjoy each others' company. I miss hearing Casey's voice around the house. I thought I would miss his help more than anything, but I really just miss having him around and having someone to watch T.V. with and say goodnight to. We talked every night before I would go to sleep, but it's just not the same. Kaylee came and crawled in bed with me last night and I was so glad. I slept so much better! Our life will be back to normal in a couple of hours and I'm sure the kids will be up BRIGHT AND EARLY tomorrow morning to see their dad!!
One of my friends has had her husband gone for close to a year and she still has many more weeks to go before he comes home, although she's on the countdown! Yeah!! Sara, I feel your pain, although 4 days DOESN'T EVEN COMPARE!!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

yeah! Glad he's coming home. You, my dear, are a great mom!

Kimberlee said...

You are amazing. Josh goes out of town about once a month it feels like and I only have Chloee and I go crazy. I totally hear you about the whole just sitting down and watching TV together. I'm glad he will be home, or probably is by now.

Malinda said...

Mike leaves often for a couple weeks at a time. It is hard, but so much fun when dad comes home:) Glad that you guys made it through!!!

The Johnson's said...

I agree Krysta--it's nice to have your spouse gone sometimes to see how much you appreciate them! It's always nice when Greg returns, the kids get so excited. I hope you all enjoy spending your weekend together!

Tonya said...

I am glad that your husband is home!! Have a great weekend!

Andrea said...

It is nice to realize how much you miss them. Where are all the scrapbook pages you did while he was away? Hee hee. I know I am sure you completed your paper stuff. Any hoo... I am glad he is back, and you have a helper again. It is so hard with out them. You are a great mom, and always handle things just fine.

Bre said...

You are such a wonderful mom! I bet your kids had fun too with a little one on one with mom! But I know how you feel, I HATE being home alone when STeve is gone. Im excited for you that he will be home!

Related Posts with Thumbnails