Wednesday, May 7, 2008

{ Honey Butter...Yummmm!! }

Last week for Young Womens the girls made bread. Our Y/W president brought her homemade honey butter. Mmmmm so good! So today while my bread was rising I followed her recipe and made honey butter. I couldn't believe how easy it was. I don't know why it's taken me until now to make honey butter. Probably because I didn't have a recipe. Our recipe consisted of a slice of bread, a good amount of butter smeared on top and then another good amount of honey smeared on top of that! Now we probably will always have honey butter in our fridge. I can't wait for my bread to get out of the oven so I can try it. My mouth is watering...

If you don't already have a honey butter recipe, here's one for you to try. Enjoy!

Honey Butter

1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg yolk
1 cup honey

Whip softened butter or margarine. Add vanilla and egg yolk. Add honey gradually while whipping. Makes 1 cup.

Recipe from Cheryl Potter

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh Krysta. It's lunchtime here and now you are making me so hungry. That sounds so delicious. Isn't silly that some of the easiest things to make are the most wonderful!?!

Kimberlee said...

Bread in the oven? I would love to say that I am shocked, but I simply am not! I can't even find time to dress myself most days and I only have one child. Scary thinking about how bad it will get with more!

I am going to try this out. Sadly, Josh cooks a lot here so after he makes some awesome homemade bread, I will do my part and make the honey butter! Thanks for sharing!

Andrea said...

That sounds good. My recipe is nothing like that. I am excited to try it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails