Thursday, June 5, 2008

{ Last Day of School }...

Jake had his last day of school on Tuesday. Drew was just as excited as he was. I wanted a picture of just Jake, but Drew wouldn't budge. Jake told me that it was okay and Drew could stay in the picture. So then I told them to smile and look at me, but Drew just kept smiling at his big brother! Too cute! Jake came home with a cute little book they had made for him. It has art projects he made, pictures of him and some of his handwritting samples. It's nice to have it all combined in one easy to save book.

Today was Kaylee's last day of school. She came home with a bag stuffed full of odds and ends. I had to carry it home from the bus stop for her because it was too heavy. We didn't even make it past the entry way before she dumped it all out to show me her fun things. So we sat there on the rug by the front door and sorted through it all. My favorite things she came home with were these two journals that she had been working on through out the year. I loved to see how much her spelling and handwriting had improved since the first of the year. I also got to hear her perspective on moving, vacations, visits to grandma and grandpa's and all sorts of things. I'm going to try to encourage her to keep that up for the summer.


Well, our countdown came to an end today and school is officially "Out for the Summer", so we went to McDonald's to celebrete with a hot fudge sundae.


Tomorrow we are hopefully sleeping in (a little bit at least) and then we are off for our first summer trip to the pool!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

How cute is Drew! I know you guys are going to have a wonderful summer and tons of fun. I'm jealous (: Summer is my favorite time of the year. Don't you love how they bring home everything they've accumulated during the year?

Beeks by the Lake said...

Congratulations on starting summer vacation. I love that little book Jake brought home! Some teachers are so clever and thoughtful. It makes it so easy to keep those things around for them to look back through when they are older. Congrats and enjoy all of that one on one time with your little ones!

Heidi Parson said...

To fun!! So, do you have anything planned for the Summer??

Andrea said...

What a great celebration. I love your new blog. So I am dying to just have a plain background like yours. How do you do it?

Related Posts with Thumbnails