Wednesday, June 11, 2008

{ Movie Theater Wednesday's }...

Our local CINEMARK has 10 movies for $5.oo this summer on Wednesdays and Thursdays. My friend Melissa and I decided to take advantage of going to the movies for .50 a show and bought tickets for ourselves and our kids a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure glad we did because tons of people were getting turned away at the theater because they were all sold out. Today we saw 'Open Season'. All the kids (6 together) had a really good time and so did Mel and I, after our eyes adjusted from sitting second row to the VERY FRONT! I didn't realize how early we really needed to leave and Mel thought it started at 11:00 instead of at 10:00. Lesson learned. We were both scrambling at the last second! EVERYONE was taking advantage of this summer opportunity (including daycare's, I think) so we need to be there WAY earlier to get a good seat. However, you would think it could be a HUGE disaster with a theater PACKED full of kids, but it was fine. Not any different than seeing a normal show. It was great, very inexpensive entertainment and FUN! So we will be breaking up our week and getting out of the sun on Wednesday mornings.
We came home and did lunch and then my kids were pleading to go outside and play in the water. So out they went for about an hour and a 1/2 and now we are at that blissful time of day where Drew is taking a nap and Kaylee and Jake are playing board games/T.V. watching/computer games and I get some free, quiet time...BLISSFUL!!
I wish everyone else happy, blissful moments in there day too!

7 comments:

The Johnson's said...

That sounds very fun---a fun time to get out and do something the kids will remember! There used to be something like that here--but I'm not sure if they still do it (the day care used to go all the time). Have a great day!! It's still cool here--we are just waiting for it to get warm...ugh!

Stephanie said...

So fun! It'a nice to have cheap entertainment to break up the summer! Isn't it great to have the kids home, I'm loving it!

Kimberlee said...

Oh, I miss Mel. I'm sure that anything out with her is an adventure. I wish there was something like that here that I could take my child to. I TOO have to have something to break up the week or I never get through. By the way, I LOVE the new look on your blog, I've been meaning to tell you that forever!

Andrea said...

That sounds like fun. I thought about doing that in Kansas. I am glad that it is a good experience. How fun to have a frined to do it with.

Stephanie said...

Hey they do that here at our theater. You have to get there super-early to get good seats. It's a great way to stay cool, entertain the kids, and not spend a ridiculous amount of money. Today is my last day so I'm very excited to get to begin the summer process.

Letti said...

Wow I wish we had something like that in my area. I think thats a great idea. I am always looking for fun inexpensive things to do with my kids during the summer.

Lindsey Jensen said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! I'm glad you guys are finding all the little things to do there to change up your days! Your such a good mom and very creative with your entertainment ideas! Good job sis!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails