Friday, June 13, 2008

{ A Surprise Visit From Grandpa }...

Yesterday around 5:00 in the evening I got a phone call from my dad wondering where in the heck we had been. My cell phone was charging and we had been at the pool, so no answer on the home phone. He called at home again, just as I was walking through the door, wondering if he could come crash at our house that night. He was driving home to Dallas from Louisianna (travel for work) and our house is about in the middle. We decided that I wouldn't say anything to the kids and let him surprise them. heehee!! :0 We ended up having to go run out to our church building, so I left a key under the mat for my dad to let himself in. He was sitting there on the couch, watching T.V. when the kids walked in the door. They kind of stood there at first, staring at him, wondering what was going on. Then my dad said hi and they ran and jumped on him, so excited to see him! Priceless...

Thanks for taking the extra time to come for a surprise visit, Dad. The kids (and so did Casey and I) enjoyed it, as you could tell this morning when they were blocking the front door, not letting you leave!

You'll never have to wonder how much they love you!

9 comments:

The Johnson's said...

What a fun surprise!! I love to surprise my kids! Those are great pictures too!

Andrea said...

That is so exciting. Maybe you should block the road so they can't move.

Kimberlee said...

How cute is that? I'm sure your dad loved every minute of it. Way cute pics, I love them. That's funny that they just stood there until he actually said something!

Stephanie said...

Just in time for Father's Day too! I remember your dad from growing up and how he used to make me laugh (:

Lindsey Jensen said...

That is so fun! I knew that he was going to your house but didn't know that you were suprising the kids! I bet they loved that! What a great Grandpa!!

Bre said...

What a great surprise, I LOVE the last photo! That is really so priceless you can see the excitement and love in your kids faces!

Tonya said...

That's so cute how much your kids love your dad! It was so good to see him and your mom and Lindsey, Brandon and Beth in AZ. Wish you could have been there too!

Jennifer said...

You're making me miss my dad! That's great that the kids have such a fun relationship with grandpa! Awww!

Unknown said...

David! Our old friend!! I miss Carrie and David! What a fun surprise for you all!

Related Posts with Thumbnails