Tuesday, August 5, 2008

{ Home Depot, Shopping and the ASTROS }...

Our Saturday:


Saturday morning started out with Casey taking the kids to Home Depot. He loves to take them to the classes they have there and make whatever it is their doing, plus we had a busy Saturday planned and he wanted them out of my hair so I could get going on my day. This week, the project at Home Depot was an Olympic flag. The Olympics are coming and we are all so excited for them!!! Casey said that Drew was the best one with the hammer out of the 3 kids. I guess we'll make a worker out of him after all...who knew??? (This picture was taken Sunday morning. That's why the kids are in their jammies and Casey is in his shirt and tie.)


I met them in town and gathered up the 2 older ones and had a shopping day...back to school shopping that is. As you can tell by looking at the picture, Jake was done! Where is his cute smile? Kaylee and I are still smiling, is that because we are girls? No really, it was a long day and we all were done, but we got everything we needed and now we are prepared for the first day of school. We had something fun to look forward to that night...

An Astros game:

I have to back up a little bit and give you some history on this game. Friday night I was making cards with my friend Melissa and Kaylee was at a birthday party, so Casey decided to take the 2 boys downtown to our favorite hamburger and ice cream diner. After they were done with their ice cream, they were heading to this fun water park (similar to the one at Gateway in Salt Lake) and this guy stopped them out of the blue and asked if he wanted free tickets to the Astros game on Saturday night. He had 4 tickets and free parking. I can only imagine the look on Casey's face, glowing like a little boy with a huge smile! Of course he took them and then called me right away to share the joy!

Casey has been to see the Astros a couple of times already, but I haven't. Minute Maid is a really fun stadium and I'm glad we got to go. Inside they have this little place set up to take pictures. It looks just like we are in the dug out!

Enjoying the game.

This picture made our night, especially Casey's. We had really good seats. People who were sitting around us (that always come to the games) had their mits in their hands, ready to go. Well, the only ball that came our way that night was caught by my baseball playing husband! It was pretty funny. It all happened so fast and by the time I looked over and caught sight of the ball coming our way, Casey's hand was in the air catching the ball, without a mit and Drew was sitting on his lap. I was pretty proud of him. :) I guess old baseball reflexes never die! So, thank you to Mr. Terry from Alabama who spotted 3 boys who love baseball. We had a great time! It was a good game, by the way. We played the Mets. The Astros were down and they made a come back at the end for the win!

8 comments:

Lindsey Jensen said...

That looks like so much fun! I love that shirt by the way... really cute, where did you get it? Hey did you ever figure out your header question?

The Johnson's said...

What a fun day! We love baseball games too, they are so much fun. My kids will love the story of Casey catching the ball--way to go Casey! Save that ball -- the kids will never forget that game!

Andrea said...

Looks like you had way to much fun. You look too cute by the way. Now I am missing my long hair. Back to growing again.

Andrea said...

Oh, btw good luck on the baseball Casey. Jonathan and Jex will be so jealous. They always take their mitts, but nothing ever comes our way.

Eileen said...

"Holy Cow" Batman! That's an excellent story. What luck and what fun. AND, excellent photos.

Emily Hansen said...

Nice! Free tickets and a baseball. I guess it's true that every blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile or in your case a baseball. HAHA! Lucky dog -- the Hansen boys are jealous. Deron

Beth Curtis said...

WELCOME BACK! I am so glad that you are back and blogging again. It looks like you all had a blast! I need to see more pics of Cancun! I love the picture of Jake after shopping. that is priceless. I miss you all!

Stephanie said...

You have been a busy woman. I love all the pics-so adorable. I need to update my blog in the next day or so! love us

Related Posts with Thumbnails