Thursday, August 21, 2008

{ Thankful Thursday }...

I SHOULD be THANKFUL for the rain we are getting, but I'm just not feeling it! It's rained here all week long..... grrrrrrrr, is how I really feel about it. I'm not a rain person at all. I would much prefer the snow to the rain, if you can believe it. Atleast it's sunny when it snows and not dark like it is when it rains. Anyway, more than just that, it's the kids' last week of summer and we've been cooped up all week long. We all would have loved to have spent the week at the pool.

BUT, my mom is here visiting with us this week and we definately haven't let it keep us out of the stores. This morning we were all ready to head out the door and then in a split second the rain changes from not just a little bit, but to pouring buckets. We decided to head out anyway, the thought of staying inside the house with the kids for another day was too much! So, we head out knowing that it's going to stop any second and change to a drizzle, which it does. Well, just as my mom is unloading the kids at the front of Target, the weather changes AGAIN! This time it's pouring oceans of water and it's windy. The umbrella didn't do anything to save her and the two older kids! They were soaking wet, with hair flying all over the place. As I'm parking the car and seeing all of the carts rolling all over the parking lot, I'm thinking, there is no way I'm getting out of the car! Right when I was going to call my mom to tell her, she calls me and tells me just stay in the car with Drew and pick her up in a second. Our lazy, "Lets go roam Target", shopping trip, turned into "Lets just get the job done" in seconds. Anyway, we laughed the whole way home about our outing and the kids were in complete amazement at all the water they were seeing. It was a little fun entertainment to an otherwise boring, rainy day. Sheesh, Texas weather is a killer!

So, I guess I'm just THANKFUL that we aren't in a hurricane!

6 comments:

Lindsey Jensen said...

That's funny, I know what you mean about liking the snow more then the rain. That really says alot for me though because I HATE the snow. I mean don't get me wrong it is beautiful but terrible to drive in! I glad you guys survived. Hopefully it will get better so you can have a good weekend!

Stephanie said...

It sounds like an exciting day. Was it at least warm rain? I like warm rain. It rained while we were in Mexico and it was fun, but I can see how it can get old fast. I hope it gets sunny for you again. Have fun with your mom and say hello for me.

Letti said...

I like the rain if I don't have to be out in it. If I could just be home with a book or watching TV it could rain all day. But I know that won't happen. I missed thankful Thursday but I guess there's always next week....lol

The Johnson's said...

I totally know what you mean about Houston weather!! The rain comes down in buckets--I'm glad you survived and hopefully the sun will come out soon so you can have a fun weekend!

Andrea said...

We have been having lots of rain too. YUCK!! It used to rain like that in Kansas, and it seems like I would be walking ou grocery store with a cart full of groceries when it would happen.

I can see you too laughing...

Emily Hansen said...

What an adventure. Sounds like one for the memory book. Did you have your camera in the car? The only time I was ever in rain like that was in Germany. As you know, we don't get those kinds of storms in Utah. We'd love a good storm about now. Take care.

Related Posts with Thumbnails