Thursday, October 16, 2008

{ A day out with my littlest boy }...

Last week Drew and I enjoyed a day out. Our ward has a playgroup that gets together every now and then and last week we took a drive about 30 minutes away to this farm/pumpkin patch. The weather was so nice. We had fun enjoying a change of pace and different scenery. It made it feel a little like fall around here.

Isn't it such a cute place? I loved the red barn and the windmill.

Drew took a ride on the horse (with much coaxing from me). I never know when he's going to be timid. It's not usually part of his character. He is our little dare devil, so it always takes me by surprise when I have to bribe him to do something I know he will enjoy. He was glad he went on the horse. He wore a proud smile the whole ride.

This sheep wasn't going to leave Drew alone. As soon as Drew came by, he stuck his head out like that and said "Baaaaah". It scared Drew at first and he hid behind my leg. Then he started to laugh and said "It burped mom". What?!?! It did sound a little funny, but I don't know where he got that from. This sheep didn't leave Drew alone until he finally got close enough to pet him.

That was as good as it was going to get!
We went on a train ride, which was one of his favorite things (of course). That is an awful picture of me, but I'm hardly ever in pictures, so I just take what I can get! :0
They got to pick out one free pumpkin at the end. This one is now sitting as part of the centerpiece on our kitchen table. He loves it!
And he made a girlfriend! How cute is that!?! This is my friends daughter that we drove with. They were sharing each others lunches and snacks on our drive home.
It was fun to have a little feel for fall. Now I'm on a hunt to find a serious pumpkin patch around here to take the whole family too. Until next time...

6 comments:

Jamie said...

What a fun place! I bet Drew had so much fun! I think that is such a cute picture of you two on the train! Those pictures of Kaylee are BEAUTIFUL! I love the one at the end with all 3 of them!

Stephanie said...

You are gorgeous all the time!! Looks like it was a very fun day. I love pumpkin patches but I can't do corn mazes because I'm allergic to the corn husk. It's not a pretty picture.

Andrea said...

It looks like so much fun, but all I can say to it all is... I WANT A NEW CAMERA!! Your pictures are so wonderful. It makes me want to go there. I am glad you had time with just Drew..., and you look great in the picture.

The Johnson's said...

That looks like such a fun outing! I need to get out and take some fall pictures, it will be over before we know it--today is beautiful though!

Paige said...

Hey Krysta...I love getting updates on your cute family...I just finally got into the blogging thing last month and Iove it already. I'm glad to see you guys are doing so good and you look Great as usual! out blog address is allredsinaction.blogspot.com if you want to check it out. just remember I am a total beginner.

Eileen said...

Wow-E! Excellent pics. You have got it goin' on with that camera. What a fun day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails