Monday, October 20, 2008

{ My streak is over }...

I am 30 years old (yes, I really just admitted that, WOW!) and I have always been proud to say that I have never, ever had a cavity before. My dentists in the past are always amazed that my teeth are straight without having had braces and that I have healthy teeth without having work done to them, besides normal cleanings. Well today, my streak of good luck with my teeth is over! I can no longer say that I have zero cavities. So sad... I got my first filling done this morning. YUCK! I now understand what people mean when they say how much they hate going to the dentist. I totally agree! There really wasn't anything fun about it at all. I love going to get my teeth cleaned, but having work done, is completely different. It stinks when they use the drill and it tastes disgusting! I hated having my mouth numbed, I felt ridiculous. I would go to my girly checkup any day over going to the dentist! I'm glad that the first cavity is over because now I know what to expect and I can relate to all of you with your feelings of dread over the dentist. I do realize that there is a lot worse than a cavity and I am sooooo glad that's all I had to do!

7 comments:

Andrea said...

I can't believe it finally happened. I am so glad you have joined me, and know understand when I say, "having a baby without pain medication is better then going to the dentist."

Jennifer said...

You must take excellent care of your teeth! That's really great that you made it to 30 before you had a cavity! I think I had my first one at 22 and that seemed old to me.

Even though Aaron does my dentistry, I still agree with you. Having dental work is not the most pleasant thing. Only because I'm his wife, he always thinks I'm being a baby and makes me tough stuff out. (So what if I want to be numbed for just a cleaning) It ticks me off because he's SOOOOO nice to all his patients about pain and comfort management. Maybe I should get a new dentist! heehee!

Eileen said...

Boy you are lucky. And BLESSED with good teeth! I heard having babies can whack your teeth a bit. So you are double lucky!

Letti said...

I think thats pretty amazing that you have only had 1 cavity. I agree with you on the ob appointment over the dentist. I am always thinking of reasons to cancel my dentist appts but eventually I have to go.

Stephanie said...

WHAT!?!?!?! Oh no no no. I'd much rather go to the dentist than that other appointment. You must have a very nice, easy-going doctor to say that :) I must say I am jealous. I had cavities as a kid, but luckily they all fell out when I got my adult teeth. Hopefully your kids inherited those genes from you

Heidi Parson said...

Krysta..I'm still in the No cavity club. Maybe my day is soon to come to an end also. The older I get the more I feel like my body is falling apart. After this baby I'm only haveing one more! I don't know how other women have 6-8 kids their AMAZING!!

thejohnmfamily said...

I agree that dental work is worse than almost anything. Hopefully this will be your only cavitiy for a while!

Related Posts with Thumbnails