Monday, October 6, 2008

{ Family Journal }...

A couple of years ago, I was reading in my Family Fun magazine about a tradition one family had. They would gather their kids together one night a month and ask a couple of questions and write them down in their Family Journal. Sometimes they were silly questions to make the kids laugh and sometimes they were serious ones to get them to think. Then they would curl up together and read some favorite books. I loved this idea and decided to start doing this with my family. We do ours every first Monday of the month for Family Home Evening. After we are done asking our questions and writing down every ones responses, we set individual goals for the month. We write these down in our family journal too, but I also type them up and hang them on our fridge as a reminder. After that, we pick out a scrapbook and reminisce about all the fun we've had together. This has been a great way for us to look through pictures, instead of forgetting about them. Then we have a treat. This is what you would find us doing tonight and this is what our treat is going to be.

4 comments:

Eileen said...

LOVE this idea! I just wish I had half of your energy. Love your new photo on your header. You have the cutest (most cute) kids.

Lindsey Jensen said...

I love this idea. Maybe this could still be something that Nick and I can do even now before we have kids! It's something to consider when he gets home!

Beth Curtis said...

that is a great idea! I swear I have my own "Krysta" file in my head to remember all the great things you do and ideas that you have!

Emily Hansen said...

Great idea! Your family journal will be so fun to look back on some day. You are full of inspiring ideas. I love your new header & all of your cute pictures.

Related Posts with Thumbnails