Tuesday, October 28, 2008

{ Our little ghosties }...

I admire all of you sugar cookie momma's out there. I'm usually a sugar cookie momma...but I was feeling the need for speed yesterday and decided to simplify our FHE treat/activity. I got an e-mail from a friend with a fun idea attached and decided to give it a try. (thanks Stephanie) You get a bag of white chocolate chips, melt them in the microwave, frost the front and sides of El Fudge cookies and then stick two chocolate chips on the front for the eyes. Easy and fun! Here they are:
WE ALL enjoyed this activity and they tasted good! Here's a side note: They no longer sell El Fudge cookies...did you know that!?! I did not and I was very shocked! I sent Casey on a "honey-do" for me yesterday during his lunch break to grab the needed items and bring them home with him. I expected a phone call from him while at the store (never fails, there's always something in some mysterious place...hmmmmm). He calls looking for the El Fudge cookies. I tell him where they are. He tells me he can't find them. I tell him to ask an employee. He does. The employee can't find them. They ask the manager. The manager says they no longer make them....O.K., WHAT??? When did this happen? What were they thinking to take this item off the market? I really don't buy them very often (I promise) but sometimes you just need an El Fudge! At first I thought maybe it was just a lazy manager and he really doesn't know what he's talking about, but this grocery store is THE grocery store around here and if they don't have something than no one does. Here's another side note: Do you remember those cute little frosted animal cookies? The ones with the little round sprinkles on them? They don't make those anymore either! They took the Mothers brand off the market. I guess they went out of business. We hardly ever have these in our house either (seriously, only around the holidays) but these cookies and all of the Mothers brand cookies brought back childhood memories for me. What is going on with the cookie market? Maybe they are just going to MAKE us all become healthier a little here and a little there.
So, Casey ended up getting the white Snack Wells cookies and they did the trick...and they still taste good!

They're too cute to be spooky! With the leftover white chocolate, we dipped pretzels in them (Casey's idea). The pictures aren't the prettiest, but does everything have to be pretty to taste good?

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm glad you guys liked that recipe. No more of those cookies!?! That's crazy. I'll have to check out what we have here. We're carving pumpkins Thursday night, so after that we are going to have those cookies.

thejohnmfamily said...

I have no idea what John's mom is going to feed my kids now that those cookies are off the market. I swear, she feeds them those fudge cookies NON STOP. Your ghosts sure are cute!

Emily Hansen said...

Looks like a fun family night. Cute ideas!

Andrea said...

Those are really cute. I actually just picked up a package of EL Fudge at dollar general last week. I bet that is why they were at dollar general.

Erica said...

Those are really cute, and I'm with you on making it more simple. I'll have to try those if I can find some in the stores. We bought the animal cookies for Halloween too, because I saw that they were going out of business. So sad, they are really more of a childhood memory than anything. PS. Tell Casy nice socks on the Halloween costume. :)

Kimberlee said...

You are so creative. I love all the fun things you guys do. Your little ghosts turned out so cute. Your kids have got to just love you to death, you are always doing fun things with them and spending time sitting down and teaching them. Like in your post about Kaylee and her political opinions.

Paige said...

hey looks like a great Halloween. your cookies were darling...love it! I also love how you change the size of some of the words in your journaling...I just posted a few more posts and had to try it. I think I went a little overboard, but I couldn't help it I think it's adorable...hope you don't care that I borrowed the idea! me and Aaric were cracking up at your witches costumes!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails