Wednesday, November 19, 2008

{ Moments }...

Today, I had a "melt my heart" moment.
Today, Drew said, "Mom, I miss you when you're not with me."
It was one of those sentences that completely melts the heart of any mother.

I almost didn't hear him say it. We were at the bar in the kitchen. It was during that crazy time of day; Kaylee and Jake had just barely walked in the door from school, they were pulling snacks out of the fridge and pantry, backpacks all over the place, homework tossed on the counter, everyone talking (to me) at once. Sound familiar?

I think I remember not hearing him at first and then thinking "Wait, someone just said something to me, what was it?" Then I asked Drew "What did you say?" He told me again. I didn't understand why he was telling me this, after all, I was with him all day. Then I remembered having a dr. appt. that morning and Mel watched Drew for me (thank you Mel). My morning had been forgotten about already. But Drew remembered and in the middle of everything going on around us, he thought to tell me. So sweet...

I love when little rewarding moments like that sneak up on me in the middle of chaos. It helps to calm the nerves a little and to see that I am, indeed, loved and appreciated in my household. Who knew??? Most importantly, that our children just love to be with us! Aren't the simple things in life the best?

6 comments:

Casey Moes said...

I try and tell you that I miss you when you're not with me and all I get is a funny look after you roll your eyes??? I love you . . .

PS--thank goodness he is sweet some of the time; crazy 3-year old!

Brynne said...

So sweet! Tender moments like that make all the sacrifices worth it! Being appreciated by your kids is the BEST feeling ever as a mom! And look, your husband does too... :)

The DeVito's said...

That's a great story! I love the moments that I'm stressed out and look at Bella and she just gives me the biggest smile and laughs. It's the greatest sound in the world!!

Eileen said...

I want to hug that little guy. I bet you did it for me.

Amelia said...

That was good to read after a crazy no sleep night with Katie. We are so blessed with children who love us. Families are the best.

Andrea said...

Great post. It is so wonderful to have those sweet reminders from the kids that make us open our eyes and take it all in.

Related Posts with Thumbnails