Friday, December 19, 2008

{ I love this girl }...

 Kaylee and MomKaylee recently lost one of her jackets.  At the time it was her only jacket, apart from her big heavy winter jacket that we brought with us from Utah.  Which only gets pulled out a couple of times a year here, so it does us no good really.  We checked the lost and found at school, more than once, searched high and low in her room, checked the playground - no luck.  She went to school a couple of days with out one - mean of me, but it wasn't THAT cold and I wasn't happy that she lost it.  Finally I came to the conclusion that it wasn't going to magically appear and that it was gone - for good.  We made a deal that her and I would go shopping for a new jacket but she had to buy us a milkshake after we were done.  She happily agreed. 

We had an evening out, just the two of us. We made our rounds downtown, chatting about everything and anything under the moon.  The whole time I'm thinking "I love this girl!!!  What on earth would I do with out her???"  And I'm wondering "Why don't we do this more often?"  It takes loosing a jacket to spend time together?  She told me all about school and people in her class, about her friends in the neighborhood.  We talked about Christmas and other holidays, about our extended family and she asked questions about me, I can't even remember what exactly. I just remember realizing that we wouldn't have had any of those conversations had the sweet little brothers been with us or even Dad.  I realized just how important it is to make one on one time for each of my children.  It's amazing the insight I was able to see in her and realize that she is this little person apart from just being my daughter, which someday's in my mind, is another mouth to feed and more laundry to do.

Kaylee I love you!  I love how you dance around all day and can hardly hold still.  Every morning when I'm doing your hair and your snapping your fingers singing a song and moving your hips back and forth, I get a little annoyed, but I still love it!  I love how you reach out and hold my hand any chance you get.  I love how you are so much like me that it actually scares me (for you)!  I love how you take pride in your schoolwork and do your homework all by yourself, with out having to be asked.  I love that we share looks with each other, like we are talking without having to say anything and we totally know what the other is thinking.  I love that you understand and respect my crazy motherly ways.  But most of all, I just love the person that you are!  Thanks for being my daughter and loving me unconditionally.            

8 comments:

Lindsey Jensen said...

That is so sweet! She is a special girl you couldn't ask for better!

Jana said...

That was the cutest post! I loved it. Kiah misses her so much.

Andrea said...

Thanks for that wonderful post. It made me cry. You two really do have a great relationship. It makes me want that with Stella.

Erin said...

I know how you feel. When Bailey and I are able to steal away for a little while, it reminds me just how special she is. During the day to day it is so easy to forget. Hugs to you all!

Erica said...

That was a cute post. We love and miss Kailey too. I forgot that I need to get her webkinz username so the girls can send her stuff from their webkinz.

Brynne said...

What a sweet post! You got me all teary. She and Ivey are so much alike (down to even both losing their jackets--my consequence for Ivey was having to pay $5 towards hers, the milkshake idea was WAY cuter!). So glad you had a fun night out together. It's hard to schedule it all in--dates w/hus, special time alone w/each child, but it is always a good time!

You can just see the love and happiness in your picture, you guys are both so photogenic! She's lucky to get genes from a mom as pretty as you!

Emily Hansen said...

What a sweet post. You're so lucky to have a daughter. How fun to have someone to enjoy all the girly things with.

Bre said...

What a beautiful post! It makes me just that much more excited to have a little girl to bond with even more. Dont get me wrong I love my boys, but somehow it seems to be different with a girl. we will see:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails