Thursday, December 18, 2008

{ A breath of fresh air }...

Where have I been?  Who knows really.  Everywhere and anywhere but  home, I guess.  Not by choice.  That's just the way my month has been.  It's really hard for me when that happens.  I tend to be a little grumpy.  I crave being at home doing homemaking stuff.  That's what makes me happy.  Being busy in my own home. 

My Christmas celebrations started for me, personally, yesterday.  I braved the post office and mailed off the last of my packages.  Yeah for me!  My Christmas to do list was finally complete!  I left the post office with a sigh of relief (literally) and a huge smile on my face!

I came home, put Drew down for a nap, another sigh of relief...quiet time for ME!!!  I put on some Christmas music, which also brought a smile to my face, gathered up some recipes, grabbed my apron and went to work.  I spent the whole afternoon in the kitchen and completely loved it!  I haven't been in the kitchen much these days, tending to my wifely and motherly responsibilities.  I had been hearing the disapproval from my husband about this mere fact.  What...you aren't happy with grilled cheese, quesadillas and hot dogs anymore?  Why the heck not!?! :)  I made up for it yesterday.  I made 4 loaves of homemade bread, dinner, potato salad for dinner tonight and a Christmas treat.  My house smelled so good!   This was like therapy for me.  Just spending quiet time at home, playing house in the kitchen.  It was really worth it when I greeted my kids at the front door after school, wearing my apron.  Nothing gets past them.  They both jumped up and down yelling, "Mom is baking!  What did you make us mom?"  Ohhhhhhhh....it DOES mean something to them, besides the pains of hunger. 

DSC_0047

Now that my holiday "To - Do's" are over, I can focus 100% on all of the fun traditional things we love doing during Christmas.  My family will be seeing a lot more of me in the kitchen these days baking away.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

You are so cute! I did tons of baking yesterday and the smell through the house is worth all the work. One day we'll have to bake together.

Jana said...

You are such a fun mom!

Andrea said...

I am glad you crossed off that list. It is nice to be in the kitchen, and those cookies look so delicious. I love cooking more, when someone comes to clean my kitchen when I am finished. Do you think that you could do that for me?

Stephanie said...

You are so good! It is fun baking, but I agree with Andrea, someone else should clean! Plus, I can't bake- I eat too much! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails