Wednesday, January 21, 2009

{ I wish there could be more January's }...

That's just me though.  I'm sure a lot of you are struggling with the yuckiness the snow can bring or have the post holiday blues (I usually do) but for once...I don't!  I've been waiting for them to come (and waiting and waiting) and I finally decided that they weren't going to secretly snatch me up this year.  I am officially LOVING January!  I haven't been in a bloggy kind of mood lately, but that's just because nothing is really going on.  And that makes me happy!  We are just laying low right now, enjoying the newness of the year and our empty schedules, for the most part.  I know this will be short lived, like it always is...dang it!  But for now, I am basking in the leisureness of being in charge of my days.  You won't find me rushing around like a crazy lady trying to accomplish the impossible, while trying to stay sane and happy...and nice.  That's been my life for the last several months and I'm done!  Actually, one of my goals this year is to really simplify life and weed out as many unnecessary things as I can.  I will have to remind myself of this when things start picking up.  I  have spent a lot of time reading the Twilight series and I just finished it.  Now if I could just channel that energy into scrapbooking, I could FINALLY get caught up.  That would be too good to be true though!  Maybe I will attempt that soon enough...maybe.   

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Now that you've finished Twilight...read her other book "THe Host." It's good but it's not a Twilight-much different than that. YAY free time!!

Paige said...

couldn't agree more...I've absolutely loved the unwind I've felt this January...just laying low and enjoying not constantly doing doing doing. Jake's birthday was so cute, loved the picture of the cake with those fun candles!

Tonya said...

Well, I can't say I've been loving January, but I am glad that I know someone who is!! I am enjoying the after Christmas slow down tho, that is nice. I'm glad you guys got to go to Disney World for Christmas, that's so much fun! Very cute pictures too!

threelittlebackseatdrivers.blogspot.com said...

tell me how you get scripty fonts on your blog...it is adorable, i love that part of it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails