Saturday, January 3, 2009

{ Ringing in the New Year }...

Yes, this is how I rang in 2009.

New Year - BW-1

Casey completely caught me off guard with this picture.  I think he was trying to sabotage me and paint me as a lazy person.  Which, this night, I was...and I loved it!  He told me he was going to do the New Year's post, but I had to hurry and put my two cents in before he could.  He just came in here and saw me doing this and told me to watch my back...Whatever! 

So I slaved away all day in the kitchen making dinner for the missionaries...really, I did.  They came over and got my kids all rowdy and crazy, running around with party hats and blowers.  Fun was had by all!  They left and then the neighborhood fireworks started.  What a show that was!  We quite possibly could have been at a major event and didn't even realize it. I am constantly  having to remind myself: that's how they do it in Texas. By this time the kids were out of control, running in and out of the house to watch the fireworks, banging on a drum, checking the T.V. to see what's going on nation wide. 

In the middle of all the craziness, I am lounging there in that comfy chair totally absorbed in Twilight.  Pathetic, I know, but I'm hooked! ( I'm halfway through Eclipse)  Right before midnight, after Kaylee was crashed dead on the floor, the rest of us went out on the trampoline and watched the finale.  I was sad Kaylee missed it.  She was going crazy about the fireworks the whole night and then she missed the best part.  I was proud of the boys staying up so late.  I think we are making a bad habit of late nights these days.  Oh well!  Sorry you only get to see a sad picture of me, but I wasn't in the picture taking mood (obviously) and this is the one Casey got. 

On to a different note:  Resolutions!  I made my list, full of goals the other day.  I feel pretty excited about them.  My list covered a little area from every part of my life.  I was reading my friend Kim's blog the other day and she shared this quote.     

"To live content with small means, to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion, to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not rich, to study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly, to listen to stars and birds, to babes and sages, with open heart, to bear all cheerfully, do all bravely, await occasions, hurry never, in a word to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common, this is to be my symphony."
~ William Henry Channing

I couldn't have said it better myself.  That pretty much covers my resolutions.  I love that quote.  I need to print it and put it on my fridge, to be reminded of daily.  What a refreshing time of year this is: a clean slate, new energy,  a chance to refocus ourselves if we might have lost sight a little.  So much to do! 

I wish everyone the very best 2009~

7 comments:

Eileen said...

I love the photo! What a fun night. Dave and I fell asleep watching Madagasgar (sp). We are so boring.

Chantri said...

thats a great picture! you look so relaxed. i really would like to pick up the twilight series, i feel like i'm the only person on the planet who hasn't read them! It sounds like your new years was more happening then ours anyways! :) love that you have a firework show-- too fun!

Jana said...

Love the pic! Glad you are enjoying the series. I have read them all twice. I too can't get enough of them.

The Johnson's said...

Happy New Year!! I haven't read any of the Twilight books--maybe once I find out how busy this semester will be I'll be able too. They know how to party in Texas, don't they?

Lindsey Jensen said...

Sounds like a fun night! Ours consisted on dinner at Chuck-A-Rama and a movie at home! Nick woke me up at midnight to say Happy New Year! Old married people? I don't know!!

Letti said...

That looks like the perfect way to bring in the new year. I love the picture. We are allowed down time aren't we?

Andrea said...

Good for you. I am glad you took some time for yourself. I also love that quote.
I don't think I even stayed up until midnight.

Related Posts with Thumbnails