Monday, February 2, 2009

{ Monday = Sluggish }

I can not get going this morning!  I don't know what my problem is.  I don't usually dislike Monday mornings.  I'm usually motivated, ready to get my house cleaned and get going with my week, but not today.  I feel sluggish and all I want to do is hibernate.  Staying in my pajamas all day today listening to Drew jabber my ear off about playing trains and watching Mamma Mia sounds like a great day to me.  I know if I don't get some things done I will be paying for it the rest of the week and that does NOT sound fun.  I just need a little, tiny thread of motivation and I can get going again.  Maybe I will compromise and listen to the Mamma Mia sound track while I work and then reward myself with a nap and a snuggle with my little boy.  That sounds good.  Any suggestions when you just don't feel like getting things done?  I usually just plow right through it and then I always feel better in the end!  I kind of feel better just writing about it and getting it out of my head.  Now the next step is to get my bum out of my computer chair and get to work...why is that so hard sometimes!?! :)     

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I so understand that feeling. I like the reward method but I have been known to just take a day off and do that lazy stuff. Then later in the day I realize how far I'm behind and that gets my butt in gear!

thejohnmfamily said...

I think some days you just need a break, because it helps you to be motivated and efficient during the rest of the week. You deserve a day off!

Andrea said...

Take the break. You deserve it.

Paige said...

SOOO true. I am really usually a huge go getter but there are just days that the go getter gives up and just needs the day off. those days come around after I just go go go and clean clean clean. we are a lot alike because it's usually music that gets me going, or I call my friend and talk for an hour and get everything done without realizing it....I love that! anyway you are totally understood, no matter how motivated you are you just have those days!

Related Posts with Thumbnails