Thursday, February 5, 2009

It's a good thing I have thick skin...

and things don't hurt my feelings, especially when they are said by my 3 year old.  Most of the time hurtful comments from Drew bring on the laughter from me.  And then I get a dirty look from him because he was actually serious...oops!

The other day, Drew and I were at the grocery store when he made one of these comments.

Drew - *sitting in the front of the grocery cart, shoulders slumped, arms folded across his chest, pouty lip*, "I wish I didn't have a mommy."

Me - *trying NOT to laugh*, "Why?"

Drew - "They think big kids are babies."

The thing was, Drew had just gotten in trouble.  When I have all 3 of the kids with me, I always make him sit in the front of the cart - no walking.  When it's just us, he gets to walk, until he stops listening and starts playing around too much.  Which is what just happened.  So now I have this pouty little boy in my cart who thinks he's bigger than he actually is.  I realized just then that he really does want to grow up and not be my baby anymore.  He's not going to sit in the front of my cart forever.  So I compromised with him and told him he could have ONE more chance.  Casey thinks I'm too much of a softy sometimes, but he has to learn how to be a big kid if that's what he wants.  I had my happy, smiley boy back who was an angel the rest of the time.  Good thing he has a mommy who loves him and gives him chances no matter what!

5 comments:

Jen said...

That's funny, I do the same thing with Mason and he is 5! lol They will learn one day. :)

Letti said...

That sounds like my Kaidee. I bet he learned his lesson though.

Andrea said...

Cute Story. Funny thing is, I can picture the pouty face in my mind. HE is too cute not to give a second chance too.

Beth Curtis said...

that is so cute! He really is becoming a little man!

Paige said...

Krysta you are such a good mom! You do darling things with your kids and you do such a good job of documenting things that you'll want to remember! I'm a softy too! Drew is adorable..it's funny how the third child seems to automatically think they are as big as the other two...Avery has that syndrome for sure!

Related Posts with Thumbnails