Friday, March 20, 2009

Here's the truth...

I'm sure you all have noticed that my blog has been lacking the attention it usually gets from me.  I like to do posts and share pictures and keep everyone up to date on our family...usually.  For the last month, I've been a little on the lazy side...with good reason.  Here's a picture that might explain things a little better.

 

P - 2

Do you see that little thing  we are holding?  It has two pink lines in it.

 

We are having a baby!!! 

 

Yes, you read that right.  Baby #4 is on it's way to the Moes home.  I am 10 weeks and my due date is October 13th.  Wow, it feels so good to get that out there!  So much more refreshing than I even thought it would be.  I found out so early this time (before I even missed my period), so I feel like I've been keeping this a secret FOREVER!  Now it's out.   Here's why Casey has a plate of cake and is holding a fork.   I have never been able to surprise Casey before with pregnancy news.  He was always the one who made me take the test.  In the past, it would go a little something like this:  He would hand me test (after reading the instructions every time, funny because they don't change).  I would pee on the strip, hand it to him and he would walk away and tell me the outcome.  It was like the one thing he could be in charge of.  I would always go grab it from him to see it with my own eyes.  He's know for playing tricks.  THIS time however, I decided  to surprise HIM.  I took the test after he went to work one morning.  I was actually pretty shocked by the positive, but so happy and then got busy making him a cake.  I made his favorite chocolate cake and wrote the message "You are going to be a daddy...again", on a red heart (it was the beginning of Feb).  Then stuck it in the cake and baked it.  I put a toothpick on top of where I put the heart so I didn't loose it.  We always have a snack together before we go to bed, so I saved the cake for that.  I thought for sure my face was going to give it away.  I was watching him like a hawk the whole time.  He takes such big bites, he ended up almost swallowing it!  Luckily he didn't.  He unwrapped it and was totally and completely surprised.  It was so fun to actually surprise him!  The funny thing is I had mentioned to him a couple of days earlier that I thought I might be pregnant (women just know!)  He hadn't really mentioned anything about it until this same night during dinner.  He told me he didn't think I was pregnant.  He kept talking about it forever, almost like he was trying to convince himself (or me) that I wasn't.  Try keeping a straight face and a secret during that!     

As for the MIA, there are only a couple of things in my life that make me pretty much fall off the face of the earth and both of them have to do with babies.  The first one is the first trimester of pregnancy.  I get REALLY sick (like a lot of you do)  and I can't keep up with anything.  I don't cook, clean, answer my phone, my desire for all hobbies is completely gone.  I would love to just stay in bed with the covers over my head all day and try to not throw up.   It's a pretty miserable experience for my entire family.  Luckily I have such a wonderful husband who totally knows what to expect by now and is more than willing to cut me some slack and step in to fill my shoes.  He is the best!  REALLY!  My kids have been great too.  They are so understanding...and excited!  They talk about baby Moes everyday.  My tummy is growing and I am showing already.  They love to touch it and tell me how big my tummy looks. :)  Anyway, the other time you won't hear from me very often is after this sweet baby is born.  I love to just soak it all in and take my time getting back into the groove of a busy life.  So consider yourself warned for the future.

That's the latest update in the Moes home.  We are just living day by day right now and so looking forward to week 16 around here.  That's been my magic week with all of my other pregnancies.  I start to feel like my normal self with a normal appetite and my zest for life comes back.  Can't wait!!!

24 comments:

Beth Curtis said...

AAGGGHH I am so excited the news is out!! I can't wait to find out if it is a boy or girl! Brandon will agree, I ask and talk about your baby as much as my own. I never knew what pregnant woman were experiencing with morning sickness until I got it. I feel the same way as you! I don't know how I functioned for that long. Keep us posted!!

Lindsey Jensen said...

I'm am so excited for all of this! I am so happy for you and hope you get to feeling better soon!! Can't wait to find out what your having!!

Andrea said...

Yeah!! I bet it is so nice to have it out there. I am so happy for you.

Heidi Parson said...

YAY!! That is so exciting!! I am loving having a baby again after 4 years! Can't wait to see Moes #4

Erica said...

Krysta, that is awesome. I'm sorry I haven't blogged in awhile or didn't e-mail you back. Been a little crazy around here too, but for different reasons. I would love to talk with you some time, so call me one day when your not busy. Congratulations!!

Stephanie said...

YAY Krysta! We will all be forgiving if you aren't updating as often. I miss hearing about the Moes house but I am very excited for you. I can't wait to see the new baby.

Mark and Adrian said...

Congratulations!!! That is great news. We are very excited for you and your family. Kesley's birthday is October 13. It's a great day!!!!

The Faridoni Fam said...

That is such exciting news! Congrats to you and your family. I can't even get myself to think about attempting 3 yet...so 4 is pretty admirable. And the yucky sick part is just that, YUCKY! I feel your pain sista!

Amelia said...

Yeah. About a week ago I had the feeling that this might be the case for you. NOw that it is out I'm excited to hear all the updates.

angie said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting for your family. You are sooo lucky your sickness only lasts the first trimester, what I wouldn't give for that.

Tallie Geddes said...

Oh Yeah Baby!! I am thrilled for you guys. I wish I could be of help - that first part stinks - but boy is it worth it!! I could get high on that new baby smell!! Congrats!!

Alison Woods said...

Congratulations . . .the 4th one is so much fun. Good luck!

Paige said...

YYYYAAAYYY I've been wondering if that was going to come up sometime soon...right when I read the first paragraph, before I saw the picture of you and Casey I totally knew what you were going to say!! I'm so happy for you. And believe me if anyone can sympathize with you and your nausea it's me!!! I'm SO sorry you are in that horrible time...you described it perfectly though....I lose all motivation for everything in life when I'm pregnant, and that is very unlike me or you.....so all I can say is I'm sorry! hang in there.

Jen said...

Yay Congrats!!!! So fun, I cant wait to see your little baby!

Stephanie said...

That's so exciting! It is a hard secret to keep, isn't it? Get feeling better and let your husband fill your shoes, they need to do that sometimes! Love you!

Loots said...

Yay!! Good thing I read your blog...no one would have ever told us. ha ha

(A little jealous though!)

Gill Dockstader said...

Congratulations Krysta! I hope you feel better soon. I went through morning sickness, two sinus infections and pneumonia with this pregnancy. I hope you stay healthy and that your sickness passes quickly!

The Johnson's said...

Congratulations Krysta! How exciting to have baby #4 on the way. I'm sorry you have been sick--many of us mom's can relate. The first 3-4 months are just YUCKY! Take it easy and enjoy your pregnancy (when you get to the enjoyable part--is there an enjoyable part??? ha)

Lindasue said...

Congratulations- that is very exciting! I hope you get feeling well soon.

Jana said...

Congrats!

I am so excited for you!!!

Caralee said...

Congrats on the baby, and thanks for the invite to your blog. I'll be checking back often. You have such a cute family!

Tonya said...

Congratulations Krysta! That is awesome!!

Stephanie said...

Hey,if you're still sick, you need to go get "Sea Bands" they are bands you wear just above your wrist to help with nausea. I've been wearing them and I've decided that they work- when I'm wearing them I just feel like I want to barf and when I don't wear them I do barf! My friend got them for me but she said she just got them at the pharmacy. I can't believe they'd be too many $$.

Brynne said...

Congratulations Krysta! I am so excited for you :) I don't know how I missed this post of yours until now. Wishing you all the best for the next 5 months!! And here's to hoping you get feeling yourself again soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails