Tuesday, April 7, 2009

{ Homemade Strawberry Jam }...

 Kaylee and I had some fun after school today.  I was inspired by Flip Flops and Applesauce.  This isn't the first time that has happened.  I love that blog!  I decided it was time to get off my bum and have some fun in the kitchen with my kids (it's been a little while).  The boys were invited too, but they thought it was much more fun to eat all the extra strawberries instead, so it was just the girls. 

Homemade Jam

This recipe was so easy, which made it a lot of fun.  Kaylee did most of it all by herself.  It is such a rewarding experience for me, as a mother, to work side by side her in the kitchen.  I love watching her confidence grow.  It's amazing the things we can talk about when our hands are busy like that.  I let her lead me from topic after topic and just soak it all up.  My favorite is hearing her tell me all about when she grows up and can cook all by herself because we used to do it together.  So dang cute!!!

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

you are the woman!

Eileen said...

Hey. I somehow missed that pregnancy post. CONGRATS! I hope you are feeling better. ?

Cute post on you and your cute daughter.

Lindsey Jensen said...

What a big girl! That is fun that you guys did that. It looks really yummy. I'm thinking I need you to email me that recipe. Nick would be in heaven! Love ya!!

Tallie Geddes said...

They just grow up so fast! it's sad but at the same time maybe she could cook dinner:)
Glad your feeling a little more like your busy self!

Brynne said...

I wish I was better in the kitchen--I can't have the kids help on complicated things because I can barely do it with my full concentration focused on the directions! Great pictures too, that Kaylee is such a doll!

The Johnson's said...

Fun fun! I love to cook with the kids--Tanner is my best-he'll be a chef someday! I love the pics-they really told the story! (Brynn is now writing Jake and Kaylee a letter after seeing the pics!!)

Stephanie said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! You're an awesome mom

Andrea said...

I love Strawberry Jam. I am so impressed that you tackled that. WAY TO GO!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails