Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Little Miss Ady - One Week Old

We made it home from the hospital and all is well!  I can't believe that one week ago today I was in labor with her, anticipating  her arrival into the world and meeting her for the first time.  A week can seem like an eternity!  I feel like I get to know and understand more of her each day.  Right now I am typing this one handed as I hold her.  Such sweet times that I am loving... even when there is crying involved.  Right now she can't decide if she wants to sleep or suck her binkie.  What a life!

Her first week home.

Going Home

Welcome home little sister!

Welcome Home

We said goodbye to one nana...

Nana Moes

and hello to another.

  Nana Curtis

We admired her amount of dark, beautiful hair.  The most hair any of our babies have had.

Hair

Sucked on binkies, whenever not nursing. 

Adyson

Adyson's mommy feels super good today.  

One Week Old

After several nights of waking up every 2 hours to nurse (a couple of nights she stretched it to 3 hours) I finally got a much needed break.  She slept from 11:00 - 4:00 and the again until 8:00.  I was in Heaven!!  I actually felt like getting dressed and putting makeup on to celebrate!  I really am treasuring these times though.  Even the feedings in the middle of the night.  It's sweet quiet time that I get to spend with her.  It doesn't last forever.  They grow up way too fast!  I love the calmness that a new baby brings and the way it makes everything in life slow down.  I needed that reminder.  We are all thankful for this beautiful gift our family has received!

18 comments:

Alison Woods said...

Wow girl! You look fantastic! I love the name and the hair!! Congrats!

Lindsey Jensen said...

You look amazing!!! I hope to look that good that fast when I'm done!! I love the carseat you picked out too, very cute! She is so so cute!! We really can't wait to meet her and have Bronson meet her!! Christmas can't come soon enough!

Beth Curtis said...

oh she is so edible! I just want to squeeze her. Gorgeous girl and of course you look amazing!

Alesa Larsen said...

What a cutie!! And you look awesome!! I am glad you are enjoying it. It does go by so fast. Mine is already 8 months, I am crushed. Snuggle her lots.

Heidi Parson said...

How exciting!! you like AMAZING for just having a baby!! Babies are so fun and YES they grow up so fast. Blake is already 9 months old. Good luck with all those late nights and keep blogging even if it is with one hand :)

Jen said...

She is beautiful! and you look great. I love all her hair, all of my babies (the whole 2 lol) have had very little hair.

Stephanie said...

She is beautiful! And you are amazing. Give her some loves for me!

Tonya said...

Congratulations Krysta! She is so cute and I love her name!! And you guys did an awesome job on the nursery, it looks so good! I'm glad things are so good, have a fun time with your mom there, congrats again!

Stephanie said...

I'm very happy for you and love the pics. Both of you guys look adorable.

Chantri said...

Did you really just have a baby? GOSH I would kill to look as good as you do-- my baby is two now! Ha ha. Ady is BEAUTIFUL! I am crazy about her hair too. All of the pictures you take are SO AMAZING! And this post just made me baby hungry....
CONGRATS! :)

Bre said...

She is just beautiful! ANd you look FABULOUS!!!

Jamie said...

K HOW do you look so amazing?!! Jelous. And baby Adyson is BEAUTIFUL!! I am so happy for you guys. I miss having a newborn It really is the sweetest time!

Andrea said...

She is so cute. I can't believe all that hair. You look great. I am glad it gets better everyday. That is reassuring for me.

Terrys Rock! said...

Seriously, are any of us surprised you look so good?! Don't you love that first time of getting ready after having a baby? It makes you feel like you can do it all. Adyson is so adorable and precious. I can't believe how much hair she has and that it's brown, it's so cute. You are so right about enjoying those sleepness nights, it goes by way too fast and each baby makes you realize that more. You are so amazing and doing such a great job. I love you.

The Faridoni Fam said...

For the hundredth time, you look amazing! She is beautiful! I have to say that I never experienced the life slowing down part after a baby. I wish! And you already got to put on normal clothes and makeup and get hours in a row of sleep?? Jealous!

Emily Hansen said...

Congrats! She is so adorible. I love the dark hair - how fun! Krysta, you look sooo good. You are one lucky girl! I wish I was closer to help, especially with the boys. You can ship them up to me if you need to! Have fun & rest whenever you can! Love ya!

Brynne said...

Ok, super shallow--but WOW you are so skinny already! Glad she is sleeping for you, that makes such a big difference! Take care!

Marcy Clark said...

She is so cute, and you look awesome! Congratulations! How many more...2, 3, 4?

Related Posts with Thumbnails