Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A little R&R on the Home Front…

with my BFF was just what the girlfriend in me needed.  Andrea and her little angel baby Tessa came to visit me a week and a half ago.  She called me about 10 days before she came, saying that she needed a break and was booking a flight.  I said, “Good, I need one too!  When are you coming????”  We were able to spend a whole 5 days together doing girly things for us and mommy things for the babies.  I am so thankful for our wonderful husbands who understand us and realize how important it is for us to spend time together just being “us”.  No explanations.  No begging or pleading. They just get it and  know they are going to have a happier wife in return. 

 

The way I would sum up our weekend is Good For The Soul.  I needed a little soul rejuvenation!  A little is probably an understatement.  We talked…a lot.  And laughed…a lot.  It was therapy in every way!  There really are no words to explain how thankful I am to have a friend like Andrea.  We can laugh together, we can cry together, we can count our many blessings together.  We don’t have to explain ourselves.  We understand completely.  We remind each other about the fun and important things in life.  The things that sometimes we don’t make enough room for in the every day “Mommy Hood”.  Thank you for being a great example to me!  I miss you!! 

And because I couldn’t have said it any better (because we are so a like) go here to see pictures and read more about our fabulous weekend.         

3 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds great! I could use some of that girl time too!

Lindsey Jensen said...

I'm so glad you guys had a fun week together!!

Andrea said...

It was great. When can I come back?

Related Posts with Thumbnails