Thursday, January 28, 2010

Spending Time

This past weekend we spent time with our friends/family in Arkansas.  The Swenson’s might as well be our family.  Drew swears that they are his cousins.  I heard him and Jake arguing about this before we left.  I love that he thinks they really are his cousins!  We had a great excuse to take time off and spend a long weekend with them.  It was Tessa’s blessing weekend.  We were there to share in her special day…since we think she’s pretty special!

Tessa - 2

Andrea and I snuck away with the babies for one day and spent time antiquing.  We both share this love.  She has found several fun stores and I couldn’t wait to check them out.  The thing is…we only got through one of them.  It was HUGE!  We spent 5 hours in the store and could have easily spent another 2.

Do you want to see my junk….I mean treasures?? 

 Treasures copy

Since then, I have been spending time doing laundry… and nursing kids back to health.  We caught the flu bug.  Drew threw up literally as were walking out the door from the Swenson’s.  We made quite the exit!  Luckily he was fine on the drive home.  Then it spread to Kaylee.  She is on her third day home from school.  Hopefully the sickness will stop there.  I’m ready for the Winter to be over.  

Kids home sick = Non productive week…grrrrrrrrr!

I did get to play with my treasures a little bit late last night.

Sewing Basket

The sewing basket, that is now being used as a magazine/book rack (since I don’t sew) added a fun pop of color in this corner.

The clock…

Clock

found it’s home on my fireplace mantle.

Fireplace

This cake cover hides treats underneath.  Out of sight, out of mind…not really. 

Cake

Right now you would find peanut butter bars hiding under there.  They are my new favorite!

Treats

That’s all I got to.  I have plans for the other things.  It’s in the works.  So many projects floating around in my head.  Not all decorating ones.  I just wish I could spend time getting some of them accomplished.  Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Good luck! I always LOVE to see your decorating projects! Looks like you found some real treasures! I'm a bit jelous:) I hope your kids feel better soon!

Beth Curtis said...

Lindsey and I are seriously talking about coming to visit you just the girls and the babes. Just so you know.

Krysta said...

Yeah!!!!! I would love you to the end of the earth! :)

Andrea said...

I love it all, and really really love that sewing basket. I can't wait to see what else you do.

Jennifer said...

Love your finds! The sewing basket is genius! I'm still inspired by the hair bow organizer thing you do! May I make a request for a blog on organizing advice? Photos a plus!

Related Posts with Thumbnails