Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Wish List aka: my {ME} list

Projects are consuming my mind, but not consuming nearly enough of my time.  I feel like I run in circles all day long, getting the necessities done while all these jumbled up thoughts and project ideas float around in my head.  When I do have “me” time -  a chance to be creative and productive for myself,  it’s at night and I am too dang tired to start something else.  So, instead of doing something about it right now at 9:30 p.m. I will sit here in my peacefully quiet house in front of my computer and look at my list in hopes that tomorrow will be a more productive day (and hope that little miss Ady will sleep for longer than 30 minutes at a time tomorrow.  I love seeing her face and all but….)

{My Wish List} – in no particular order:

*Get my dining room wall done.

*Finish my family’s silhouette’s.

*Rap up some finishing touches on Kaylee’s room and Ady’s room.  (We moved some furniture around in K’s room and got a couple of new accessories this weekend.  That wasn’t part of my plans.  It just sort of happened and now I have to finish it).

*Spray paint a couple of minor things.

*Change a million and one pictures through out my house.  It’s time to update.

*Print my blog book for 2009.

*Scrapbook my kids seasonal pages.

*Can I just say…Scrapbook, Scrapbook, Scrapbook?  2008 and 2009, Ady’s baby book and my kids’ ornament books.

*Make a book wreath.

*Make a mobile for Ady.

*Work on my hallway wall upstairs.

Ha, ha, ha!  I am making myself laugh right now!  All of that is going to take me half the year alone at the rate I’m going, so I might as well add in a couple more things and make it ‘My Wish List for the year 2010’.  Here we go:

*Give my bedroom and bathroom a makeover.

*Go on a hunt for a small table for the entry way and for the hall upstairs.

*Make curtains for the game room and get some new lampshades.

*Get new hardware for my entertainment centers in the family room and the gameroom.

See, I have all of these plans, I just need the time and energy.  That is the story of my life, but I’m sure I’m not the only one.  So, either I will disappear for a while and you can think of me being a happy busy bee getting all of my wishes completed or you will see me often, reporting all that I have done.  Whatever mood I’m in I just hope to be making the most of my “me” time! :) 

Now I’m either going to crawl in my cozy bed and read until I fall asleep, or sit on the couch with my husband and watch some DVR’d shows.  Both sound pretty awesome!  Good Night…

13 comments:

Casey Moes said...

Sounds like I better get a second job to fund the 'wish list'... Wow ...

Krysta said...

Funny!!! Not all of them cost money!

Mark and Adrian said...

You are amazing. Can I just tell you I am in awe everytime I read your blog. So inspiring. I love seeing your craft projects and decorating.

Beth Curtis said...

ugh. Feels like my life. Motherhood is harder than I thought :) I lie awake at night thinking of all the things on my wish list. Beck is going through a "thing" of waking up every few hours. makes for a very tired mommy.I need to make a list, I bet it would make me feel better just writing it down. You go girl!

Andrea said...

I am happy to see someone else's list is as long as mine. You are so good at getting things accomplished. You are being to hard on yourself.

I can't wait to see them all.

Brynne said...

Great list! What company do you use to print your blog? I want to do mine, I haven't ever done that but want to each year. (since I gave up scrapbooking for lent about 5 years ago :)!

Malinda said...

I have a list about that long too.. but alsa, nothing gets done. Maybe I will get to it when these little ones get bigger!

Stephanie said...

I know you will get all that stuff done and it will be beautiful!

Tallie Geddes said...

Wow! I'm tired just reading the list! That's too much creatvity for me. That's why I have creative friends like you. So you can post them and I can copy!!! Plus Adam's response to my "wish list" would be the same as Casey's - except he wouldn't be joking!

Jamie said...

Your list is similar to mine, except you have me adding to my list as I read yours...DANG! Good luck with it all! It really is so hard getting anything accomplished in the much too short mom "me" time!!!

Krysta said...

Hey Brynne - I use blurb.com Check it out and let me know if you need anything!

thejohnmfamily said...

Don't print the blog book yet. It is too frustrating to fit into 2010. See how unmotivating I am? My book finally went to blurb today--I'm so glad that's over.

Terrys Rock! said...

Thanks a lot! Now I have a stomach ache from all the things I don't have on my to do list that I should! I have the perfect solution for you and Casey. Since your house is already PERFECT with a huge capital "P" and you love to redecorate... Just visit ABQ, Fresno and anywhere else you are needed and fulfill your talents and desires there. That way you don't have to spend money and you will feel complete. Plus you will provide service to so many and maybe pick up a job or 30 a long the way.

Related Posts with Thumbnails