Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Random Wednesday

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately.  I ran across this quote a week or so ago.  It’s been on mind since.

image

Hmmmm…

I want to teach that to my children. 

I want them to know that they can do anything they put their minds to.  Even if they aren’t the BEST at something, they will still learn so much about themselves from trying and grow in ways they can’t imagine.

I want them to know that their Dad and I will be behind them, cheering them on in whatever dream they work to aspire.

Then I started thinking about myself.

Hmmmm…

What dreams do I have?  What am I trying to aspire?

I was stumped and felt a little frustrated. 

I have lots of loves/hobbies in my life.  Photography, Blogging, Scrapbooking, Decorating, (to name my faves) but nothing I was really trying to shoot big for. 

The more I thought about it, the more I got confused. 

I kept wondering if there is a path out there that I am  supposed to take that I haven’t thought of yet.

Something that I am supposed to do more of or do more with.

Just yesterday I ran across this quote: 

"God expects you to have enough faith and determination and enough trust in Him to keep moving, keep living, keep rejoicing. In fact, He expects you not simply to face the future (that sounds pretty grim and stoic); He expects you to embrace and shape the future--to love it and rejoice in it and delight in your opportunities.

God is anxiously waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as He always has. But He can't if you don't pray, and He can't if you don't dream. In short, He can't if you don't believe."
— Jeffrey R. Holland

Hmmmm…

So I did just that. 

I prayed and pondered for some direction.  Some sort of revelation that I am on the right track. 

Once again I received my answer. 

For me, it’s always the same answer. 

Family, Family, Family.  My time and talents need to be used to bless my family right now.  I have them to bless the lives of my husband and children and others around me. 

That is my big dream right now.  The thing I am trying to aspire.  My family.  My season for other dreams will come later.  And I feel good about that. 

I am thankful for prayers being answered.  Even the ones that seem so obvious.  Even the ones I already know the answer to.

Even when all I need is a little clarity.

********************************************************************************************

And on a totally different note,

Since this is a Random Wednesday post here is a random picture from this morning.

I know mom!

Dear Drew,

This is why mommy tells you not to climb.

I love you,

Mom

6 comments:

Beth Curtis said...

I love what you wrote. Sometimes I need to hear that too! It is so easy to get discouraged. You really are the perfect mom and wife.

p.s. Drew is looking SO OLD!

Andrea said...

Thanks for sharing. Love both the quotes. I want vinyl of the first one.

Lindsey Jensen said...

I love that quote by Elder Holland! Something I feel like I should hang on my mirrior to remember everyday!! Thank you for sharing it!! Also, Drew cracks me up!! I L O V E him!!

Brynne said...

Here you are focusing on your family and here I am focusing on a race. :(

Brynne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

ok...my first cup of tea for the day and already i have had tears and totally laughed *out loud*....
your thoughts on family are just so insightful...many people, i feel, *miss* the moment with their kids....they are always looking for more to justify their lives...when the justification is right there in front of them...children remain just that- children- for such a short time...and our path must deviate for this and embrace the stage...other paths will grow and lead from this....
and i wish i had your sons photo on my fridge...he reminds me of mine...all enthusiasm & scrapes...its why we love them!
melissa x

Related Posts with Thumbnails