Friday, May 28, 2010

Summer Prep – Part 5

Me Time 

Or should I say “You Time”?  I think that we need to take time for ourselves this summer.  Time to think about what we want to do.  Doing something that makes us happy, just for us, even if it’s only in half hour amounts of time.  I want to have happy children in my house and I want to enjoy being with them, but in order for me to really do that I need to know that there is time for me too. 

Elder M. Russell Ballard said,  “Even as you try to cut out the extra commitments, sisters, find some time for yourself to cultivate your gifts and interests. Pick one or two things that you would like to learn or do that will enrich your life, and make time for them. Water cannot be drawn from an empty well, and if you are not setting aside a little time for what replenishes you, you will have less and less to give to others, even to your children.”

So, so important, but so easy to forget!  I hope that each of you will plan time for yourselves during the summer break, even with the kids home. Get a babysitter one afternoon and run errands by yourself.  Put the kids to bed early a couple nights a week and do whatever you want to.  Join a gym and take advantage of the free babysitting.  Have a girls night out.  Lock yourself in your bedroom while the kids watch a movie and read or lay on your bed and veg.

I plan on having a little bit of Me Time everyday.  Even though I am planning on it, I know I won’t always get it, but I really am going to try to make it a priority too.  Do you remember my Summer Plan?  I have written on there Quiet Time and Free Time.  I think kids need to have free time everyday to play however they want to and a little bit of quiet time never hurt anyone, but mostly I planned those in for selfish reasons.  I want some me time!  And that is when I’m going to get it.  I am also going to put my kids to bed on time a couple of nights a week and have a few hours for myself before bed. 

I plan on scrapbooking – A LOT and when I need a break from that

I plan on sprucing up my bedroom – a little here and there and in between that

I plan to read.  I have missed reading books.

And I’m not going to feel guilty because I know I will be a happier mom and that

is

a

good

thing!

 

That’s a rap on my summer posts!  Have a great summer and make the most of it.  It goes by much to fast!

4 comments:

Mark and Adrian said...

Loved the posts Krysta. You are amazing and inspiring :) Thanks

Tam said...

Thanks a ton for posting all these. Heaven knows I've pirated a bunch of your ideas!!! Thanks for posting ideas about the need for 'me' time. I always forget it but its so true ... I am such a better mom when I get a mental break!

Lindsey Jensen said...

Loved all of the post!! I need to pick up on reading and some other hobbies too!! Now that TV is pretty much not interesting during the summer I will take that time to find NEW hobbies!!!

Tallie Geddes said...

You are awesome - I wish you were closer - so I could soak up some of your energy. Are you going to squeeze in some photography too - you are getting pretty good at that! I might try a little alphabet summer - but you know my crazy ways - it won't be the same!

Related Posts with Thumbnails