Monday, August 2, 2010

{ Project 365 }

I’m almost caught up on these posts!

Day 50

Home Sweet Home -  This was our first day to wake up in our own bed in 3 weeks.  I was not being very domestic on this day.  Our household was centered on sleeping in.  We made a new record for ourselves and slept until just before 10:00 a.m.  Me and ALL of the kids.  That has never happened before.  The only reason it did was because we were still on Arizona body time.  That’s ok though.  I’ll take it.  I was just proud of my kids for sleeping in! 

Day 51

A crazy night – The kids didn’t waste any time getting back into their social routine.  They each had a friend stay the night and I was actually ok with this.  What got into me??? More than one friend at a time staying the night AND I said yes to almost everything.  I think I need to go on a vacation more often.  We had a big storm that night. Drew and Luke  decided they would put their suits on and jump in the rain.  It wasn’t just raining it was pouring. 

Day 52

Breakfast – I think I have mentioned before that I DO NOT make breakfast, except for Father’s Day, Christmas, Birthdays and such.  I just don’t enjoy it.  I really don’t want to think about dealing with my kitchen first thing in the morning.  These kids must know how much I love them because this mama promised chocolate chip pancakes, eggs, bacon and orange juice for breakfast…and she actually delivered. :)

Day 53

Their own little world– My boys had cash burning a whole in their pocket.  I promised them a trip to Toys R Us to see what they could find.  They did not hesitate once we got there.  They headed straight to the Lego's.  I just stood back and watched them.  They were in their own little world.  This trip could have lasted hours if I let it. 

Day 54

Treat of the Week – Kaylee’s treat request of the week.  Chocolate covered strawberries and bananas.

Day 55

GRRRRRRR – Our electricity went out.  It is so frustrating when this happens.  First of all, it happens often.  Second of all, we never know how long it will be.  This time it was 4 hours.  Third of all, it always happens during the most inconvenient time.  We are getting a generator. 

Day 56

Sunday Mornings – Here is some honesty for you (not that I ever really hold back anyway).  Sunday mornings are HARD.  They are my least favorite morning of the whole week.  Casey always has early morning meetings.  I am home getting myself and 4 kids ready to go.  No matter how prepared I am, it just doesn’t go smoothly.  This particular morning I had had it.  Something along these lines usually happens every Sunday morning:  Mom gets sick of kids not listening.  Mom has a minor freak out.  Kids realize I am in the “or else” sort of mood.  They usually take me serious and start behaving (for a couple of minutes anyway).   This time I told them to get a book and read quietly “or else”.  I was in my bathroom getting ready and I actually forgot about them.  They were being so quiet…for a long time.  I came out and found them just like this.  Awwww…aren’t they cute?  They actually do listen to me!

7 comments:

Letti said...

My Sunday mornings are the same way except I have meetings at 7:30am. I always come home feeling so much better. I also am not a breakfast cooker. It's funny how many things we have in common. I love reading your posts.

Jen said...

I really love your 365 posts. I would love to have something like this, however I am not even close to as good at taking pictures as you. Amateur would be being kind. lol Anyway I like hearing about, and looking at days or moments in your life.

Beth Curtis said...

I look forward to these posts all week! I love the tramp in the rain, ok, and I love the legos at the store. I feel like you snuck up on them and captured a moment. ok, I guess I just love them all! Sundays are SO hard for me! and I only have 1 child. This week I did the ironing on Saturday and we were still late yesterday!! I want to say that having a later time will help but I just can't be sure.

Lindsey Jensen said...

I love ALL of your pictures!! I love the tramp, such a boy/kid thing to do!! I miss those days!! I love the breakfast one too bc I totally understand that is totally and Nick thing to be in charge of not me!! I love how good your kids are!!! The lego pic, that is so Jake and Drew!! The strawberries makes me hungry and want some of my own!! Can't wait till your next 365!!

Andrea said...

What a fun Post. I have been waiting for it, and I haven't been reading many blogs lately. I love the one about "or else" what a great way to describe your mood.

Cindy said...

i love the one of the boys jumping on the trampoline in the rain....so cute and sooooo boy!!!

Paige said...

Great new pictures....I can relate on so many levels with so many of the pictures!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails