Friday, September 3, 2010

{ Project 365 }

This post is going to seem like old news now since it is all about our last week of summer.  Makes me miss it (a little bit).

Day 78

Alphabet Letter H for Hat :  This was an easy alphabet day!  I love this photo of me and my kiddos.  They are few and far between. 

Day 79

Alphabet Letter U for find the letter U: The kids walked around the house to hunt for objects that had the shape of the letter U.  They carried Casey’s camera around and had fun taking snapshots.  They were surprised at how many objects they found. 

Day 80

Alphabet Letter J for Homemade Jam: Kaylee had quite the week.  She proved to me just how much she is growing up.  This jam making day was a crazy day.  I was about ready to say we are done…no more, when I walked down the stairs to see Kaylee making it on her own.  Casey had put the strawberries in the blender for her and she did the rest.  Not only did she make jam, but earlier in the week she made brownies.  She was bored one day and decided that’s what she was going to do.  She did it all by herself from start to finish, even the clean up.  She also tended her brothers one evening (and we payed her).  We aren’t going to make the last one a habit, but it’s nice to know that if I get in a bind I have her to help me out. 

Day 81 

Bed Head – Half the time Ady wakes up from her naps with her rubber band missing and her hair all over the place.  This day it was extra crazy!

Day 82

This struck me as funny -  I have a rule that there are no toys allowed at the kitchen counter or table.  When Drew eats at the bar, he brings his blanket and whatever he is playing with and puts it under his chair for safekeeping.  I’m used to seeing cars and legos and superheroes but I have never seen the remote before.  I just started laughing when I saw this.  My kids couldn’t figure out why I thought it was so funny.  That made me laugh even more…to think that they thought this was normal.  My kids then told me that Drew does this all the time, “He does it so we can’t take the T.V. mom.”  Well sheesh…where have I been??? 

Day 83

A Different Perspective – Kaylee took this photo.  The boys were playing ball outside while Kaylee and I were in the kitchen.  I had just told her that I wondered what my picture for the day was going to be.  She told me she wanted to be in charge of it that day.  So she took off with my camera all over the house and ended up outside with the boys.  She came inside with grass all over the front of her shirt.  I said, “Kaylee, why do you have grass all over you?”  She said, “Because I was laying in the grass taking a picture.  Look at the picture I got!!”  Ohhh…what have I taught her!  I think she needs to start hanging around with someone else. :)

Day 84

Last Day of Summer Break – Our backyard is going to feel lonely come Monday morning.  No more kids jumping on the trampoline in their swimsuits or a sandbox filled with water and dump trucks.  No more melted popsicles and water balloon wars or trips to the pool.  We have made some great memories but it’s time to move forward and start a new routine. 

5 comments:

Lindsey Jensen said...

Love Kaylee's pic. Love Drew's blanket and the remote!! Love Ady-boo's hair!! And I love, love, love the picture of all of you and your hats!! Super cute picture!!

Andrea said...

I love Kaylee's picture that is so awesome. I am totally impressed. I am also impressed that you did so well with your alphabet summer. WOW!!

Beth Curtis said...

I started laughing when I saw the first pic with you and the kids. That is the cutest picture but when I saw Ady it just made me giggle. I can totally relate to Drew and the channel changer. Brandon calls it middle child syndrom but I understand.

Letti said...

You are the best mom ever. You come up with the best ideas. Kaylee is a natural with the camera. You should put her in some classes.

Georgianna said...

Lovely photos, Krysta and a very lovely family. Thanks for stopping by and your sweet comment. – g

Related Posts with Thumbnails