Monday, July 25, 2011

Right Now…

We are in a huge mess over here.  You could call us the Weekend Warriors.  Our dining room is getting a makeover.  I couldn’t handle it another day.

DSC_0699

Let’s just say I am sick of red.  Or at least this much red.

Casey put trim around the bottom half of the room.  He is just starting to paint the top in this photo. 

DSC_0702

This mess isn’t even driving me crazy because I know it will be so worth it.  Everytime I have walked by this room for the last year at least I feel antsy.  Like I am ready to rip it apart and start over, but I had no motivation to dive into a project and no inspiration that made me giddy.  This week I finally decided I just needed to do it already!  I searched for inspiration and thought long and hard about what I wanted. 

Here are my inspiration photos. (Not the one on the left, the one on the right.)

 

 76120262_d1PvpGNF_c

and this one. 

76127837_3PnntODK_c

I am in love.  These rooms make me feel so happy and peaceful.  It is the timeless look I had in mind. 

Now you have to wait and see the after.  It’s not done yet.  I can’t wait to finish it!

7 comments:

Kari said...

Yay! I am so excited to see your new room! Where did you find all those great inspiration rooms? Knowing you and Casey, it will be done soon! I did the same thing on a way smaller scale. I was tired of the rose bushes by the front door, so a trim turned into ripping them out! When it hits, it hits, and you just have to act on it before you go crazy!

Letti said...

I can't wait to see the finished room:)

Prudently Painted Vintage said...

Finish it soon please!! I really want to see the after!!! I am already jealous of the new molding!

Unknown said...

great inspiration photos, i can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

Unknown said...

ps- i featured your son's party today on my party blog!

http://signaturesoirees.blogspot.com/2011/07/real-parties-movie-themed-party.html

Beth Curtis said...

ok now I am DYING! I love that you really jumped in and did it! Please hurry!

Stephanie said...

This month's issue of Better Home & Gardens has some beautiful rooms that used blue tones to decorate. Might want to check those out :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails