Sunday, September 25, 2011

Crockpot Meals

In hopes to make all things much simpler this year, I have taken full advantage of my crockpot when it comes to meal time.  I have always loved using my crockpot, but recently I feel like it is my secret weapon to having a warm, yummy meal on my table with out feeling inconvenienced.  I am probably using my crockpot 3 times a week.   I have tried several new crockpot meals lately.  I thought I would share a few that my entire family really likes.  They passed the test.

Slow Cooker Sweet and Tangy Meatballs – my kids LOVED this one.  They really liked all of them, but this one was their favorite.

Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches – I added 1 package of Lipton Onion dry soup mix.  So easy and so good.  It makes a ton too.  Great for leftovers or a meal you can share. 

Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup – in addition to topping this with tortilla chips, sour cream and cheese, I like to add sliced avocado and cilantro.  I also added Cumin (it is my favorite seasoning) and a can of green chilies to the mix in the crockpot.  Super good!

Tonight we had Pork Chops in the crockpot.  This is a recipe I have been using since my kids were little. 

Mushroom Sauce Pork Chops

4 Pork Chops (or however many you need)

1 Tbsp. cooking oil

1 small onion - sliced

2 Tbsp. quick cooking tapioca

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1/2 cup apple juice

1 small can sliced mushrooms – drained

2 tsp. worcestershire sauce

3/4 tsp. dried thyme

1/4 tsp. garlic powder

Serve with rice, mashed potatoes or pasta

In a skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides.  In crockpot, place onion, add chops.  Grind tapioca with a mortar and pestle (or just leave this ingredient out.  They will still be delicious.)  Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over chops.  Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or high for 4. 

Enjoy!

In other news:

The Texas A & M football game on Saturday was so much fun!  We went with 3 other couples and left the kids with a babysitter all day long.   Literally.  We have never left our kids with a babysitter for nearly 10 hours before.  We are so lucky to have a babysitter who ROCKS and that we feel comfortable leaving our kids with for so long.  We love her family too.  That always helps.  Anyway, it was the biggest and loudest stadium I have ever been too with the most school spirit.  It was fun to be a part of that and spend the day with friends…with out our kids.  Between all of us, we would have had 15 kids. 

And, I got a new calling at church today.  I am now the second counselor in Young Womens.  That means I am with the Beehives. I am excited!  I have been in Activity Days for 2 years now and a lot of my girls have grown up and moved into the Young Women program, but now I get them back.  That is going to keep me busy for sure.  

6 comments:

Tam said...

Yum! I probably only use mine once every two weeks but I love it. I'll have to give u my yummy molten choco cake recipe. It's delish!

Alison Woods said...

I'm always on the hunt for yummy crock pot recipes. I'm definitely going to try those pork chops! We love those meatballs too - so easy!

The Johnson's said...

Thanks for the recipes--with our church meetings going from 2:30 to 5:30 pm I rely on my crock pot every week. I decided to give the meatballs a try--how easy is that? I ran to the store this morning and we'll give them a try tonight. Thanks! Hope all is going well for you guys--we miss you!

Miller time said...

I'm so glad you posted crock pot meals . Im starting to do a crock pot monday because Daegen is taking swimming on monday nights. Yeah!!! thank you. I'm so jealous about your calling I just got released from my YW calling on sunday bitter sweet:(

Prudently Painted Vintage said...

They all sound yummy! I may have to borrow these. Thanks for sharing!

Meg said...

Many thanks to you for this post! My 3 year old finally ate dinner! Woohoo! and yes you were right those meatballs smelled great all day long...Thanks!

from a blog stocking friend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails