Thursday, October 6, 2011

Fall Decor. {Part 1}

I have lost track of my days this week.  It’s all been one big blur.  I pulled out my Fall and Halloween decorations earlier this week.  A week later than I had planned.  Oh well.  It has been spread all over the house since then.  I am finally getting it all wrapped up today.  Yesterday was the first day I was able to dedicate to the house, mostly.  There are always other things to do. :)  I spent a lot of my free time outside in the front.  I am finishing the inside today.  And then the cleaning starts!  Ugghhh.  Cleaning after pulling out holiday decorations is such a to-do.  Why does it always have to make such a mess?   Maybe I am just a messy decorator. 

Anyway, I thought I would dedicate the rest of this week and most of next week to Fall/Halloween decor.  I will share a space each day.  That is the plan…but we all know that plans usually change.  SO, I will post and share when I can.

Here is my front entry.

 Fall_0052

I started out by re-purposing my previous fall wreath.

Here is the wreath I’ve had for a couple of years.

Wreath_0888

And this is the same wreath this year. 

Fall_0061

Such an easy and inexpensive fix.  I wanted to switch it up a bit, but still keep the same general idea.  When I saw this wreath on Pinterest, I knew exactly what I was going to do.

Fall_0069

The only thing I bought were the feathers, which is what inspired me when I saw the wreath on Pinterest.  I used my Micheal’s 40% off coupon, so this new wreath cost me $2.00.  I had everything else.

Fall_0064

While I had it all pulled apart I spray painted they yellow gourds cream.  It freshened it up so much.  After that was done, I rearranged it all and stuck the picks back in the grapevine wreath.  I added spanish moss, one of my Dollar Tree crows, our monogram and some burlap. 

Fall_0062

Fall_0076

I cleaned out my planters and added fall color to them. 

Fall_0055

I made a glittery 31.  That is my contribution to Halloween on the porch.  My kids would love to carve pumpkins, but I don’t let them.  Mean of me.  I like to save my pumpkins and have them out through Thanksgiving. 

Fall_0056

Fall_0054

  Fall_0071

Fall_0075

Now I feel ready for the fall!

5 comments:

Lindsey Jensen said...

so fun!! love the revamped wreath!!

Kari said...

I love all your little details. Tell the cousins we don't carve pumpkins either...it makes Cam sick!

Andrea said...

very cute. Love the wreath.

Colleen said...

It looks very pretty. You have such a beautiful front door.

Prudently Painted Vintage said...

Love the wreath! It looks amazingly good. I highly doubt you're a messy decorator. Your house always looks perfect!

Related Posts with Thumbnails