Friday, October 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Ady!

This little girl had a birthday yesterday.  I can hardly believe she is two years old!

Ady_01451

Where did my baby go?  She is still my baby even though she is growing up. That is the role of the last child.  She has that one covered!

This girl has so much personality.  She has since the day she was born.  I remember feeling overwhelmed by how much personality she had that first year.  Who am I kidding?  I am still overwhelmed at times, but I love and appreciate her for her spunkiness.  I feel like  her little body is just growing into her personality. 

Ady’s favorite thing in the world right now is Strawberry Shortcake. 

Ady_0191 

I think we made her pretty happy with a Strawberry Shortcake celebration.

Ady_0149 cw 

She would have been happy no matter what, but it was fun putting this together for her.

Ady_0153 cw

This was the easiest cake I have EVER made and yummy too.  My kids asked why we haven’t had this before.  I told them they will be seeing this cake a lot more.  It is perfect for a cool summer treat.  I took the easy way out and bought an angel food cake from the bakery and cut it into 3 halves.  Then whipped up some homemade whipping cream and layered the angel food cake and the whipped cream.  I made sure to use a lot of whipped cream.  The more the better, right?  Then just topped it with fresh strawberries.   

Untitled-1

The whole thing was perfect for Ady.  I really enjoy making each of my children feel special on their birthday.  It is their very own special day and I want them to know how much their parents and siblings love them.  It is a little extra effort, but I hope that we are creating memories that will make them smile when they are all grown up and not at home anymore. 

Ady was so funny when Casey was lighting the candles.  She didn’t know what to think.  Her facial expressions say it all!  I laugh every time I look at them. Untitled-2

She needs a little prodding to blow out those candles.

Ady_0189

Ady_0184

I just love her!

 Ady_0219

She did not need prodding to open her presents.  I love her mischievous face in this photo.  It says so much about her.

  Ady_0224

If you are lucky enough to really now Ady, then you know exactly just how much it says! :)

Ady_0226

We found her a girl set of Lego’s.  Of course my boys were all over this one.

Ady_0243

  Grandma sent her a couple of new Strawberry Shortcake videos, which she has already watched over and over. 

Untitled-3

She also got two Strawberry Shortcake dolls. One to carry in her purse and a bigger one to play with. 

A birthday isn’t a birthday with out balloons.  We carried on the tradition of waking up to birthday balloons.  She thought this was pretty awesome!

Lightroom Edits112

Happy Birthday Ady!  We love  you so much and can’t wait to see what the next year has in store for you.

8 comments:

Brandi said...

Aw, sooooo cute!!! that cake looks heavenly. All the decor, presh!! Happy birthday to your big girl!

Unknown said...

what an adorable girl! happy birthday to your sweet girl!

such a cute party!

Prudently Painted Vintage said...

I love you Ady and all your cute little faces! Looks like a perfect birthday! Those knee high socks are the cutest. I need another girl!!

Brynne said...

Great pictures! She has the most beautiful eyes!!

Alison Woods said...

Oh man, she's precious!

Andrea said...

Looks like a wonderful birthday. I love it. The cake looks delicious. And little miss looks adorable. love all the details.

To The Moon and Back said...

Soooo sweet! the cake, the outfit, the hair, the PHOTOGRAPHY!!! Wow!

Kari said...

We love that spunky girl. She is so grown up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails