Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Our Weekend {in Instagram photos}

It has been raining all day today.  It’s been kind of fun.  It’s a good excuse to lounge around and enjoy each other.  My kids are watching a movie right now and I am sitting with them when I should be making dinner.  My excuse is the man of the house isn’t going to be eating with us tonight.  Homemade Mac and Cheese it is then. 

This weekend we did something a little different than we usually do.  We stayed somewhere besides our house. I am in the middle of editing a bazillion photos for others right now.  The thought of editing my own makes me want to turn my camera off.  So I did just that.  You get our weekend getaway in Instagram photos.  Right now it’s the memories that matter to me.  Not a perfect photo. 

There is a new Marriott that opened by us.  Through Casey’s job he has received several hotel vouchers, all of which need to be used by the end of the year.  Casey has taken the kids before and I have had the privilege to stay home by myself, which is always nice in it’s own way.  This time we thought it would be fun for all of us to go.  We thought it would be even MORE fun to invite our fabulous friends the Dickamore’s.  We always have so much fun with them and this time was no exception! 

It went a little something like this:

Pillow fight with Tony.  He is famous for this.

Chuck e Cheese, where the kids had so much fun!  It is one of those things they don’t get to do very often and one that I honestly can’t stand.  It’s a daddy and kid outing in our family for sure.  Kaylee and Taeya had fun playing in a photo booth (they are holding up their photo booth photos below).

Eating dinner at Chic fil A and then back to the hotel where the kids played Legos, colored and watched movies, while we had a football game going on in the next room (and I had my laptop). 

IMG_0494[1]

The next morning we woke up to a continental breakfast, which is always fun.  Fun to have a yummy breakfast and not worry about cooking or the mess. 

After that we had plenty of time to just hang out in our hotel room and truly relax.

IMG_0497[1]

Then we hit the pool.  Yes, we are still swimming outdoors in these parts…a little bit.  The kids would go back and forth between the hot tub and the pool.

One of the funniest parts at the pool were the dads.  Tony was throwing all the kids in the pool.  They were loving this and kept coming back for more.  Then Casey snuck up on Tony and “threw” him in the pool.  This is a guy who used to play football for the Utes.  Casey looks teeny next to Tony.  Needless to say, they both ended up in the pool.  I was laughing so hard and pushed the wrong button on my phone and missed the whole thing.  Oh well.  I have that one stored in my head. 

The picture of Ady above is after the pool.  She was exhausted from the night before and going crazy at the pool.  She fell asleep while coloring.  Casey and I watched the whole thing and instead of being good parents and laying her down on the bed to fall asleep we watched her doze off and then jump and pick up her crayon to keep coloring and then doze off again.  She finally gave up and fell asleep laying her head on the edge of the couch.

IMG_0496[1]  

Thanks for coming with us Dickamore family.  We love you guys!

3 comments:

Beth Curtis said...

no that sounds like a total blast! Before you explained the photo of Ady I was trying to figure out what was going on in the pic. That is so precious. Only 10 more days!!!!

Colleen said...

Looks like you guys had a blast with your friends! Those weekends are always great to re-charge, laugh and just one another.

Tam said...

It was so much fun! Thanks for the invite! As long as the middle of the night seemed, the rest of the time flew by! I so wish u had gotten a pic of Casey throwing tony in ... It was hilarious and executed very well! U guys are the best!

Related Posts with Thumbnails