Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Friend Book - Elementary years through High School

A couple of weeks ago I reunited with my most important friends during my growing up years. Some of them I had stayed in contact with a little through the years, but now the circle has been complete and I am in touch with everyone. It all started by an e-mail and now we e-mail all the time. I am so thankful for the technology we have. I have had my pictures from growing up sorted for years now. Actually, it was my project to get done before I had Drew and he's almost 3! I remember tellling myself with one week left before delivery to just hurry and put the book together and I just couldn't do it. It always made me sad that I didn't know what my "Clovis Girls" were up to. We had been friends from Elememtary to High School and were also in the same ward. One of my friends and I even got baptized on the same day. There is one of our friends who moved into the ward during Jr. High and we all became good friends and made many memories. I just found out on Sunday morning that she passed away. I'm not sure all of the details yet. We hadn't stayed in touch with her or been reunited...she was living a very different life than any of us, but there are still good times to remember. I feel for her parents and her daughter that is left behind. I realize how important our memories are and to preserve them. Now I am determined to get my pictures put into an album. Nothing elaborate, I just want to be able to look at the pictures without sorting through a box. I hope this isn't a depressing post...I just hope that we can all treasure our friendships, old and new!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

That is a great idea. I am sure the book will be beautiful, and be teasured forever.

Lindsey Jensen said...

That is a really good idea! I am so glad that you girls have been back in touch. You need to tell all of them hi for me! That is so sad about your friend that passed away... who is it? Love ya!

Stephanie said...

Aren't those memories so precious! I love all my new friends but I am so grateful for those friends that made me who I am! Isn't it wonderful to be able to keep in touch. Your book will be wonderful! Besides, remember, with scrapbooking being caught up isn't what it's all about. It's those memories. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails