Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A Little Piece Of Our Home...


I promised you pictures...

So here's the story...I am far from a seamstress, or even someone who gets to feeling creative and enjoys sewing every now and then. I do feel creative, I can come up with the ideas, just not in the sewing dept. The only reason I got ambitous and did this, was because I have been on a search for many weeks now, looking for curtains for these two rooms (as well as other rooms) and have had zip luck. My size of windows aren't normal, I've discovered. Most of you know that I conned Casey (and my mom) into helping me make my curtains in the kitchen of my old house, but you would be proud to hear that I did this with very little help!! The only reason Casey is more qualified in the sewing department than me, is because he got an A in Home EC. while I got a very below average grade (the sewing killed me!) I'm just glad that they're done and I like them.

I have had requests from friends to see pictures of my house since I moved and I've been stingy with the pictures (lots of unfinished projects). So I thought I would post pictures of rooms as I go and things get finished. These are the rooms that are done so far...




Here are pictures of the kids bedrooms...


I went a little crazy with the pictures...I hope you enjoyed them!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous pictures of your home Krysta!!! Good job!! Very Very Nice!! I love the color of the Formal Study - do you know the name and brand of the paint? it's great!

Letti said...

Your house is amazing. I love the colors and you have a great eye for decorating.

Beeks by the Lake said...

Krysta will you please come back and help me decorate? PLEASE! Coleton's room is in desperate need of help! And I'll admit, a lot of the rest of my house too! You just have a talent for that sort of thing! they just opened a holly hobby - maybe we'll have to go look

Beeks by the Lake said...

I mean Hobby Lobby - I jokingly call it holly hobby and it sort of stuck!

Andrea said...

I am so glad you posted those. Your curtains look great. You did a great job. They look very professional. What a woman!!

Tonya said...

Krysta! I have been reading your blog for weeks now and have been working on mine for a while, finally deciding I was ready to just do it! You and your family are so cute and I love reading about what you are up to, so please add us to your list and let's blog together!

Lindsey Jensen said...

Krys that looks awesome. It looks like it is straight out of a magazine. I'm sad I haven't been able to come see it yet. Glad to see all is going well with the house. We are starting yard work next week! Hope all goes well with the weather so we can actually do something! We miss you guys.

Love ya!

Bre said...

You house is BEAUTIFUL! I really could use some decorating tips! We still have SO much to do in our house, but only so much to spend! I am very impressed with the curtains, I could also use a HUGE lesson on that, I have ZERO sewing skills! I love the colors and decorations and all! Very jealous:)

Stephanie said...

Krysta you are fabulous. I wish I was creative like you. I'm horrible at decorating. I'd hire you if you lived closer!!

Heidi Parson said...

Love the new house!! So cute and GREAT pictures!! You must tell me what setting you took them in. I've never had house pictures look so good!!! EMAIL ME!

Kimberlee said...

Cutely decorated, as usual! I remember Melissa Davis telling me how beautiful your house was in Providence. I'm not surprised and your pics are adorable. Don't you just love your camera?

Stephanie said...

Krysta, been out of town and just got a chance to check out your blog. Love the pictures! You really are SO talented. Your house totally looks like a magazine. BEAUTIFUL! Oh, I noticed there was another Stephanie, so this is the Austin one. :)

Tonya said...

I love your house!! I wish I could see all of it, you are very creative and talented at decorating. I have been to Taipan Trading, that is one of my favorites now too. I especially love it at Christmas, I think I went there 3 or 4 times this last Christmas, they need one closer to me. Can I ask you where you got your idea for your curtains? I'm so glad I get to hear from you more, love ya!

Related Posts with Thumbnails