Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Yard Work!!!

I know that doesn't really sound like a lot of fun, but we have a TON of yard work to do and I can't wait to get started!! I have felt a little overwhelmed thinking about our yard and where to start with it. All of these ideas have been going through my mind, but nothing has been coming together very smoothly. So one of my neighbors gave me the name of an AWESOME women with WONDERFUL ideas to help me with my yard. She came over yesterday and mapped out my whole yard for me. Everything is written down: from what kind of flowers and trees to buy, and where to plant them, to where to rip grass out and lay new flower beds. She even gave me an idea for a little kitchen nook outside for our BBQ and a hanging swing with comfy pillows that Casey is going to make. My mind is racing and I can't stop thinking about all the fun we are going to have planting. This is going to be a VERY long project and probably won't be complete for about a year. We're going to have to break it up into 3 phases so we don't break the bank! This lady who helped me got paid by the hour and Casey was already giving me looks because she stayed for an extra hour and a half than I had planned. It doesn't bother me though because her ideas and planning were SOOOOO worth it. I need to go laminate my paper so nothing can happen to it! Now we just need to find a weekend to get started...

On a side note - I have been working on curtains in the front of the house for the last couple of days. Stay tuned...when I get them done I'll post some pictures (only if they really do turn out!)

2 comments:

Lindsey Jensen said...

I am way excited for doing yard work too (if it ever stops snowing!!!). Our yard looks awful and this is the year to turn around the outside! Can't wait to see what your yard turns out like!

Andrea said...

What a great idea. Maybe now that you know her insight you can come map out my yard. Do you charge by the hour?

Related Posts with Thumbnails