Monday, April 14, 2008

A Relaxing Visit With Grandma

This weekend Casey's mom came for a visit. Her sister was coming to Houston to see her daughter (Casey's cousin) so we had a mini reunion this weekend with out all the stress and hassle of a real reunion. It had been 3 years since they had seen eachother. We were all so excited for them to be together again. They are so funny together, just like sisters are. After everyone left I realized I didn't get a picture of them together...so sad. We were having too much fun at the time to think about pictures. But I did get one of Grandma with the kids (after I realized I should be thinking of pictures!)




Tonight I asked the question of everyone, "What was your favorite part of the weekend?" We have a tradition of doing this whenever we finish doing something fun. Here's the replies:

Drew: "Doing tricks when I watched Curious George." (while watching with Grandma)

Kaylee: "Aunt Geraine, Uncle Hue and Cindy coming to visit and Grandma laying in my bed last night talking to me."

Jake: "Grandma coming to visit." (and then he started to cry because he already missed her so much. It took me about 30 min. just to get him to say that much.)

Casey: "Having Grandma watch the kids play soccer and of course playing cards with everyone."

Krysta: "Good company and a very nice, laid back weekend."

That was our weekend in a nutshell!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

SOund like fun. I love the picture it looks great. DId you use picnik? It is so fun.

Kimberlee said...

Love that picture of the kids with their grandma! What are you using? Photoshop? I really want to know, I need something to start doing this with my pictures. Was that picture a Sepia overlay, the tones were so gorgeous! You can email me if you want!

Lindsey Jensen said...

That is so great that Carmen was able to come up again. That seriously almost made me cry with Jakes reply to his weekend. What a sweet boy! Love you guys!

Ash said...

What a fun weekend. I love the answers from all the kids. It's so fun to see what really stands out in a childs mind. It's the little things that they remember and love the most.

Related Posts with Thumbnails