Friday, July 11, 2008

{ Our Vacation - Week One }...

We are still in Utah and will be until the 26th of July. I've decided that I'm going to blog about what we've been up to each week while I'm here (thanks Carmen for letting me veg on your computer!) or else I'm going to get home and have too many pictures to sort through and no time to do it! This is what we've been doing this past week. LOTS of pictures...I already warned you in my last post!

We took a quick trip up to Providence on Saturday the 5th so Casey could spend some time with Deron (our old neighbor and great buddy). These two had WAY too much fun! Drew got some cowboy hats and guns for his birthday and here they are sporting the gear.


Scary huh?

Earlier this week me, Carmen and Kari took the cousins (6 of them) to the aquarium. They really enjoyed all the fish, the jelly fish, octopus, sting rays and everything else.
They were able to put their hands in the water and touch the sting rays. This was a favorite.

Lindsey and Nick have real people jobs and actually have to work during the day...what's up with that?!?! :) We've been going to their house a couple of evenings a week once they're home from work and just hang out. The boys were being boys and wrestling. I really like that their age is catching up to one another and they can play with each other. It's nice to always have a friend. Poor Kaylee is just stuck with me!


This was a really fun day. We spent the day at Daybreak, where Kari lives. We started out at their pool, which the kids loved, then came home and had lunch, put the little ones down for a nap, left Grandma in charge and headed out to the lake to go Kayaking (I know I butchered that word. I will fix it later when I know how to spell it!) We had so much fun and got the best work out while getting sun...what's better than that??? We had to take turns taking the boys and the girls. Everyone loved it and would do it again in a second!

Of course there are those lazy moments in our day when the kids just play and get creative and do their own thing. This happens frequently. In fact we will have an outing all planned out and be ready to leave the house, just to hear the kids complain that they don't want to leave and stop playing. Cousin time is the best! I love these pictures of the girls and the boys.

The girls having a party on the deck.
The boys playing cowboys in Grandpa's motorcycle tent.

We are planning on going to see a movie tomorrow, but we'll have to wait and see if the kids can break away from their play time to go enjoy sitting in the theater...

4 comments:

Letti said...

It sounds like you guys a re having a great time. I am glad that we didn't have to wait for yiu to get home to post about your vacation.

Stephanie said...

How fun! I love being with family. Looking forward to seeing you!

Andrea said...

It looks like you are having a great time. I am so glad you are taking time to blog.
I am sure you will enjoy the rest of your stay. Keep us updated. Do some fun "Utah things" for me.

Oh, and don't forget to eat at Cafe Rio for me. Pork Salad please.

Bre said...

SO much fun! Looks like you are having so much fun and staying busy at it as well!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails